Good job interstate guns..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    This is Dustin the store manager at Interstate Guns. We understand this customer's rightful frustration and have reached out to resolve the issue. We apologize for this mishap. This is not something that we like to see as customer service is our number one priority. We will be reviewing our procedures to make sure this will not happen in the future.

Just wondering...how long have you been store manager for?

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    back in 2010 i ordered(and paid) an od fn 5/7 from houma auto parts. i went off shore for a 2 month hitch.
    came in, very next morning(mon) i was in the shop to get my gun.

after 3 hours of looking they could not find it. they had a green 5/7 in the display, so i told them to just give me that one.
    i was told they could not do it as they had special ordered one for me and the display was higher priced.
    they told me to call tue after 3.
    i called and the guy told me to come for a refund check.
    got the check and the guy told me the gun i had ordered was the one in the display, but they had logged it into the shops books, so couldn't transfer it to me, and they would not go down on the price to what i paid.

that pistol sat taking up space for at least 9 months till they marked it down to less than what i paid before someone bought it.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    OP, when did you purchase and how long before the stamp arrived? I'm on day 268 from when the check was cashed on a Form 1 lower using trust. Thanks

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    back in 2010 i ordered(and paid) an od fn 5/7 from houma auto parts. i went off shore for a 2 month hitch.
    came in, very next morning(mon) i was in the shop to get my gun.

after 3 hours of looking they could not find it. they had a green 5/7 in the display, so i told them to just give me that one.
    i was told they could not do it as they had special ordered one for me and the display was higher priced.
    they told me to call tue after 3.
    i called and the guy told me to come for a refund check.
    got the check and the guy told me the gun i had ordered was the one in the display, but they had logged it into the shops books, so couldn't transfer it to me, and they would not go down on the price to what i paid.

that pistol sat taking up space for at least 9 months till they marked it down to less than what i paid before someone bought it.

I wouldn't do any more business with those clowns at all cost. So they logged it in their books, they'd have to do the same with any firearm passing thru their business. Bunch of liars, trying to get u to pay more, that's all.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Kudos to Interstate Guns for stepping up. They could have bullshitted their way through it, but the accepted responsibility.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Kudos to Interstate Guns for stepping up. They could have bullshitted their way through it, but the accepted responsibility.

Dustin stepped up here because this guy posted it on Bayou Shooter forum. He's doing damage control for Interstate. Something like this in the local gun community can really hurt their business and reputation.

Should have been taken care of when the OP picked up his can. Should have never had to post it here.

The dude's stamp and his can sat for 2 months extra because an employee probably said "oh he'll call when he wants his can." He damned sure didn't go the extra 10 feet, that's for sure. A freaking 30 second Google search might have turned up a contact number for the OP. Or a mailing address.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Dustin stepped up here because this guy posted it on Bayou Shooter forum. He's doing damage control for Interstate. Something like this in the local gun community can really hurt their business and reputation.

Should have been taken care of when the OP picked up his can. Should have never had to post it here.

The dude's stamp and his can sat for 2 months extra because an employee probably said "oh he'll call when he wants his can." He damned sure didn't go the extra 10 feet, that's for sure. A freaking 30 second Google search might have turned up a contact number for the OP. Or a mailing address.

Also the contact info should be available from the dealer that the customer purchased the can from. I have had to back track customer info that way (look at form 3/FFL forms and google the stores number and ask for the customers number) when there was no contact info for the customer.

At least the customer is happy with them after they made contact with him. Mistakes happen. I have been there, especially when you get busy/short handed. I get it. All you can do is try to be as vigilant as possible. I always try to call the customer as soon as the mail man drops the envelopes and I open them and verify the approval and serial.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Is it possible the manager didn't know about the issue before he posted on here? The OP said he didn't realize his contact info was on the box until he got it home. Is it possible the OP was upset but didn't make a stink about it when he picked it up? The OP said he was going to return the manager's missed call. At some point the manager found out about the issue and reached out to the customer. Whether the manager was informed about the situation by the customer at the time of pickup or through a phone call (which is what I chose to do in my situation) or through the post on here, the manager did reach out and made it right.

But I will agree that he never should have had to post it here. But rather than reaching out to the manager, he did. If you feel his story is indicative of the customer service at Interstate Guns, don't shop there. As you can see from various comments on here, many feel this is not their usual customer service. Even the OP acknowledged his information was not in their system. It was only on the box. So someone dropped the ball with that. I would be surprised in the manager didn't acknowledge that and made up for it. In my situation, the gun shop refunded the cost of the tax stamp. I didn't post about it before I talked to him. He did that to make things better. If given the chance, is it possible that IG could have made it right without this thread having been started?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The bottom line is an employee of Interstate Firearms received a customer's tax stamp. And for 50 days plus, no one at Interstate did anything otherwise. You can sugar coat it all you want, but that's the end result. Things happen and errors are made, but 50 days plus? Zero effort to reach out to the stamp owner?

Like I said above, you can take a max of 3 minutes to Google someone's name and state. And 9 times out of 10 I can find their home addy and phone numbers. At minimum their addy. Mail em a post card if you can't call.

That's a clusterf**k no matter how you look at it. Completely unacceptable. Hopefully it doesn't happen again to someone.

And you can best believe the OP is happy now because Dustin laid some comp on him. And many apologies.

Done with this, the end.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The bottom line is an employee of Interstate Firearms received a customer's tax stamp. And for 50 days plus, no one at Interstate did anything otherwise. You can sugar coat it all you want, but that's the end result. Things happen and errors are made, but 50 days plus? Zero effort to reach out to the stamp owner?

Like I said above, you can take a max of 3 minutes to Google someone's name and state. And 9 times out of 10 I can find their home addy and phone numbers. At minimum their addy. Mail em a post card if you can't call.

That's a clusterf**k no matter how you look at it. Completely unacceptable. Hopefully it doesn't happen again to someone.

And you can best believe the OP is happy now because Dustin laid some comp on him. And many apologies.

Done with this, the end.

Nobody is sugar coating anything. I find it hard to believe Silencer Shop would send an item to an FFL for a customer without making that customer's information availability to the FFL. Even if the info wasn't on the box, I can't believe the info couldn't be gotten through Silencer Shop. Someone dropped the ball on this one. The question is whether this is a typical example of their customer service or an isolated incident. And my theory based on my limited experience with IG is the manager would have made good whether or not this thread was started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    I have dealt with IG for a while now. I have nothing but good things to say about the operation. I have bought three suppressors from them, and they called me the day the stamps came in all three times. I'm sure this was just an isolated incident. **** happens and unfortunately this is just one of those times.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Is it possible the manager didn't know about the issue before he posted on here? The OP said he didn't realize his contact info was on the box until he got it home. Is it possible the OP was upset but didn't make a stink about it when he picked it up? The OP said he was going to return the manager's missed call. At some point the manager found out about the issue and reached out to the customer. Whether the manager was informed about the situation by the customer at the time of pickup or through a phone call (which is what I chose to do in my situation) or through the post on here, the manager did reach out and made it right.

But I will agree that he never should have had to post it here. But rather than reaching out to the manager, he did. If you feel his story is indicative of the customer service at Interstate Guns, don't shop there. As you can see from various comments on here, many feel this is not their usual customer service. Even the OP acknowledged his information was not in their system. It was only on the box. So someone dropped the ball with that. I would be surprised in the manager didn't acknowledge that and made up for it. In my situation, the gun shop refunded the cost of the tax stamp. I didn't post about it before I talked to him. He did that to make things better. If given the chance, is it possible that IG could have made it right without this thread having been started?

me and Dustin spoke about this. I didnt realize until i seen the box after i left the shop. As i said , the same day an employee i spoke with on the phone had knowledge of this as i told him ATF approved this back in June. So weather or not he told Dustin this proir to this thread, i doubt it.

dustin asked me what i wanted, im not the person to take freebees. So will chalk up the free transfer i got as a comp. and the apology phone call is good enough.

and this was to his knowledge the first ever to happen in the last 5 years since hes been manager. **** happens.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I wouldn't do any more business with those clowns at all cost. So they logged it in their books, they'd have to do the same with any firearm passing thru their business. Bunch of liars, trying to get u to pay more, that's all.

as the only lgs in the area i was kinda stuck at the time. they have sold so its a new owner/shop now.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    The guys at Interstate Guns are a good bunch. Mistakes happen, SOPs and Policies are put in place after learning about a shortcoming like this, to prevent his from happening in the future.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    The guys at Interstate Guns are a good bunch. Mistakes happen, SOPs and Policies are put in place after learning about a shortcoming like this, to prevent his from happening in the future.

I second this. Sorry you had issues man I've always had great experiences there.

hipslim

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Hammond,LA
    Just ordered my suppressor at Interstate and asked how they notify you about the tax stamp, they now first call, if that does not work they send an email, if that does not work they send a letter. They recognize their screw up and have put procedures in place to keep this from happening again.

Top Bottom