Tailhook Mod 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like that companies are presenting customers with options. But as they approach the $200 mark, I think they're only encouraging people to consider an SBR. I get the limitations with an SBR like transporting to another state but I think those limitations only affect a small segment of gun owners. I can spend $200 and get a pretty comfortable piece of equipment should I "accidentally" shoulder it or I can spend $250 and get a piece of equipment made for shouldering. I'm sure the street price will be considerably less.

tailhook_bravo_02.jpg

https://www.gearheadworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=25

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Looks like a user friendly accessory . I'm pretty happy with my blade as I don't have a need to set lop often when I do I have replaced the screw with a knurled head but this does look more cheek friendly .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Looks like a user friendly accessory . I'm pretty happy with my blade as I don't have a need to set lop often when I do I have replaced the screw with a knurled head but this does look more cheek friendly .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Same here, blade works well for me. And a Phase 5 padded pistol tube setup I purchased.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Im gonna buy a SBA3 brace sooner than later to put on a ghost gun lower and babysit my extra uppers laying around.....they can be had for less than 150.00 also on the retail market.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The blade has been my goto brace for a while now. I picked up the SBA3 for $100 during a sale at Primary Arms and I'm quite impressed with it. I think around $100 is my personal upper limit.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The SBa3 is a decent deal at the 100 dollar mark. I comes with a buffer tube so that is 15-20 bucks of value there. I was using the blades, mainly for the weight savings. I do agree that 200 plus is extreme, but all of the pdw style collapsing double wire stocks are well past that and they seem to sell well.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    Some people don't want to wait for a stamp but still want the best they can buy,
    some people buy the brace to use while waiting and then sell it to recoup some bucks or move it to their next project,
    some people don't want to create a firearm that is now basically theirs for life,
    some people live in places where the SBR paperwork is not easily obtained,
    and some people don't want to be registered with the Feds.
    Lots of reasons why high-dollar braces are staying sold out most of the time.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some people don't want to wait for a stamp but still want the best they can buy,
    some people buy the brace to use while waiting and then sell it to recoup some bucks or move it to their next project,
    some people don't want to create a firearm that is now basically theirs for life,
    some people live in places where the SBR paperwork is not easily obtained,
    and some people don't want to be registered with the Feds.
    Lots of reasons why high-dollar braces are staying sold out most of the time.

So price gouging to take advantage of those who can't or won't SBR their rifle.

There's no legitimate reason why that brace should have an MSRP of over $125. Buttstocks of comparable complexity generally start off around the $80 range.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I finally was able to scoop up a sba3. Nice little brace.

9Nh3bKg.jpg

I should have grabbed a few of the SBA3's when Primary Arms had them for $100 but I only got 1 to try it out. I'll probably grab a few of them over time to replace the shockwave blades on some of my pistols.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I should have grabbed a few of the SBA3's when Primary Arms had them for $100 but I only got 1 to try it out. I'll probably grab a few of them over time to replace the shockwave blades on some of my pistols.

I agree they are totally worth it for $100 considering that they do come with a mil-spec receiver tube.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom