Where to get a Great Burger? Kenner / Metairie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    We used to go to Phil's Grill but he closed up as he had Cancer. My wife and kids liked that you could pick out the meat but that is not a requirement.
    The Beef, Chicken or Buffalo as well as the 1/4 or 1/2 pound choice was great. But the real thing was you could add endless toppings. Some were so big that were so tall the knife woud not hold it togher.
    And other places like that? Or if not what's the best burgers?

snappa001

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Kenner
    Chateau Pub in Kenner. Unfortunately, this is not a family restaurant but they do Waitr.
    Another great burger was sold by The Bottomline bar in Fat City. Sorry for the bar references. Nonetheless, great burgers!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    We used to go to Phil's Grill but he closed up as he had Cancer. My wife and kids liked that you could pick out the meat but that is not a requirement.
    The Beef, Chicken or Buffalo as well as the 1/4 or 1/2 pound choice was great. But the real thing was you could add endless toppings. Some were so big that were so tall the knife woud not hold it togher.
    And other places like that? Or if not what's the best burgers?

My wife happens to be cooking HB's right now. I'm not a bar person either.

Best is kind of subjective. I know a lot of good places, but to say best is a stretch. All of my burger choices have the FTM scale (For The Money).
    Not so much in Kenner or Metairie though. In general don't discount the burgers @ Mexican Restaurants.

In no special order:

Boutte - Anita's Smokin Steakhouse Burger - weird hours - the BLT has a ton of bacon on it

Kuchnya - in Siberia Bar - In St Roch - https://www.siberialounge.com/food-menu - https://www.yelp.com/biz/kukhnya-new-orleans-2 Burgers and & other slavic food. Burger is way good, not sure if it is worth risking you life over - Most likely a smoking bar, I have only been there early

Beachcorner - Good burger in a smoke free bar - I spent time there on a Saturday when I had time to kill acting as chaffeur to my wife - they have tables & nice people
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/beachcorner-bar-and-grill-new-orleans

Westwego
    - Westbank Grill - good burger, plus some other options
    - Wegeaux Cafe - same
    - Los Marachas - same

Marrero - Coffee & - I get the one on half a po boy & a Tea I'm happy for cheap.

Lakeview Burgers & Seafood on Harisson - OK A bit weak on the cost factor.

Gretna
    - Gretna Depot - Burgers are a bit big. A lot of the burger are kind of gimmicky, which some people like.
    - Gattuso's
    - Amore is right there for dessert

Shane's & New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood are usually good too.
    Blue Tomato - It's been a while

I know I am leaving a lot out, but those are the off of the beaten path ones. I figure you already know of the common places like 5 guys, chili's, shoney's etc.
    Also Kafta Kabob sandwich @ Sahara Cafe is on par with a great hamburger and Wah Kitchen has something similar.

I also had someone tell me Bay cafe was good - I have not gone yet
    The same for "The Grille"

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Chateau Pub in Kenner. Unfortunately, this is not a family restaurant but they do Waitr.
    Another great burger was sold by The Bottomline bar in Fat City. Sorry for the bar references. Nonetheless, great burgers!

Gotta be 21 and my youngest is 20. Last 2 times the food took 30 to 35 min and was not good. Shame since I can be there in 5 min. Or less. I will give them another try as it is so close. Swamp room If you are a 21 year old is also good. The Chateau Burger is the same as Swamp Room as far as size and taste.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Laager's is probably my favorite, corner of severn and vets.

Swamproom is 2nd.

BTW, The Tavern on Vets has a good burger (again have to be 21) but the steak deal is hard to beat!

Request Dust Off- Lakeview moved out to the west end area. I tried it when they first moved, then decided to give them some more time to work on it... if you know what I mean...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I know it's a chain, but 5 guys burger in Harahan lets you pick toppings and size of the patty....

Me personally, I like a thick patty and will go to Cowbell on Oak St uptown.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    BTW we tried Desi Vegas in harahan. It was supposed to replace Phil's grill. Same idea, supposively better meat. Disappointed.

I've been wanting to try The Harbor on Ridgelake...

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Laager's is probably my favorite, corner of severn and vets.

Swamproom is 2nd.

BTW, The Tavern on Vets has a good burger (again have to be 21) but the steak deal is hard to beat!

Request Dust Off- Lakeview moved out to the west end area. I tried it when they first moved, then decided to give them some more time to work on it... if you know what I mean...

I need to check out Laagers. I just passed it last nite.

I went when it was on Harrison, had to be this June. It was all right. It was hot out and just as hot inside, so we just ate outside. It was pretty small on the inside. I find with most places I have to go a few times to get my expectations in sync with reality, figure out what their forte is and such. Plus get a handle on the consistency. Harrison is just a nice unique spot with decent parking. West End has it's charm too.

For small on the inside Munchies. They put a little horseradish on their special which is a deal.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/mun...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Most don't know of it and can't picture where it is.

Then you tell them it has one of these in a saint's jersey out front and they say "Oh yeah, i know where that is"
    https://www.amazon.com/Century-BOB-Body-Opponent-Training/dp/B015EPCY9A

Ba Ta's has a good burger. They have locations in Gretna/Belle Chasse and Kenner. They close earlyish though.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Forgot about walk-on's.... you can also get a giant onion string mound!

I hear the Orings @ The Grille are good. Originally it was reported they use red onions, but apparently it is Crystal hot sauce giving it the color.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I really miss Ground Patti as I used to be 18 miles away.
    I went on my first date at the David Drive location some 45 years ago. GP was the chit back then, they had an awesome sound system.......long gone.

That char grilled burger and cheddar cheese. Sweet.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I really miss Ground Patti as I used to be 18 miles away.
    I went on my first date at the David Drive location some 45 years ago. GP was the chit back then, they had an awesome sound system.......long gone.

That char grilled burger and cheddar cheese. Sweet.

I remember a reel to reel at some place, might have been a GP. The only bad thing I remember was the pewter mugs, It gave a funny taste or sensation, but you could ask for a different glass. The one on the Westbank seems to be hopping.

Martins Wine Cellar might have a good burger too.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I remember a reel to reel at some place, might have been a GP. The only bad thing I remember was the pewter mugs, It gave a funny taste or sensation, but you could ask for a different glass. The one on the Westbank seems to be hopping.

Martins Wine Cellar might have a good burger too.

You are spot on, reel to reel, Bose speakers hanging from the ceiling thru out the restaurant. And those pewter mugs. The sound system was behind large sliding glass doors, minus the speakers, obviously.

Ahhhh, Lilly. She resided in Texas, with long straight brown hair to her buttocks :) I must have been 13 or 14. My mother drove us there and dropped us off.

If you remember, the mugs had a hollow base. Like an inch, inch and a half.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom