Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Scope Recomendation

Looking for a scope that will not break the bank for my Remington R25. I am currently using a Vortex Diamondback 3x9x40 and I just cant get in a comfortable shooting position especially when hunting. The scope has to be mounted forward enough to allow access to the action and it feels like their is not enough eye relief to get comfortable when shooting. I am assuming a scope with more eye relief is the answer. All advice appreciated.

Marksman

User Info Menu

You might just need a different mounting setup if you otherwise like the scope. Pictures would help people make suggestions.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sounds like you need a canted mount

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

You need an extended charging handle and a scope mount that puts the center of the scope about 2.5" from the center of the bore

User Info Menu

Let me get a pic to post.

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

Check your LOP also, could be too long.

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Marksman

User Info Menu

Everything looks to be set up properly. I would say play with the positon of the ocular lens before you buy a new scope. Typically 11.5" from the back of the buttstock to the ocular lens is right for most people.

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

I was taught nose to charging handle, so I set my scopes up about 1-1/4' in front of the charging handle.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replies. Here is info recommended above.
    End of butt stock to ocular lens 10-1/2"
    LOP 13-1/2"
    I found 2 charging handles for the G2, I have zero knowledge on charging handles. Are the latches wider? Ambidextrous ?
    https://www.precisionreflex.com/Deta...x?PROD=1103875
    https://radianweapons.com/radian-raptor-dpms

I dont think LOP is the problem, maybe I need to move the scope more towards the barrel ? Just seems like the opposite of what I was originally thinking but at this point dont have anything to loose.