Rv camper title question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    Hey. I have someone selling a camper they inherited. They dont not have titles and is not the original owner but willing to do bill if sale. I'm new to the rv game but want to know. Can I still register it and get what I need or is it useless without a title please help.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Regardless of what you think the law may or may not require, in my experience, you have to do what the DMV says you have to do or you do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

Before I paid a dime for any vehicle without a title, I would call or visit the DMV, explain to them the situation, and ask if things would work out for me without a title.

I expect the DMV is going to say you will need a title signed by the deceased owner to obtain a new title in your name or you will need to get the heirs to properly complete a DMV form which allows heirs to obtain a replacement title with regard to inherited vehicles.

Best of luck and be careful that you don't lose your money and end up with a vehicle you can't put on the road.

George

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Not worth it.

You can order a duplicate title. It'll be in the deceased persons's name. Getting it changed from the deceased to your name involves an attorney to open succession and settle the estate. Then the estate can sell you the camper. Probably cost about $2500 if they haven't already opened succession.

If you were going to stick the camper on a piece of land and never move it I'd consider it with a bill of sale, otherwise no.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They need to file for a lost title. And sell you the Camper with a clean tittle or no deal.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i researched this with cars.
    you can get it plated and registered with only a bill of sale in louisiana. but a bill of sale is not a title of ownership. meaning if somebody has a title the cops will seize it and they can claim it.
    you should call the dmv to inquire if it still has a lien on it or has been reported stolen for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom