Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free shotgun?

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I love the epoxy finish. You've got me thinking... how thick was it?
    "Be water, my friend..."

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Free shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    I love the epoxy finish. You've got me thinking... how thick was it?
    Itís got a little bit of texture to it for sure, seems to be settling down a little after a couple days. I shot 4 coats, the first 2 fairly light. Had to stay about 15 inches away and contend with some rather thick material, but Iíve used the rustoleum stop leak spray on a few items and Iím accustomed to that. The Alumahyde seems to fall between spray paint and the leak sealer. I was actually hoping for that ultra flat black you see on hardcoat anodized AR receivers, but Iím liking this.
    Iíll post a couple pics of the fresh sprayed piece to show the difference.

Like I said, itís pretty thick and you have to give it a 10 minute shake and have some enamel reducer on hand in case your spray tip clogs. I was lucky enough to have a few cans on hand to quickly snatch another spray tip from but was able to clear the jam with reducer...twice.
    It has definitely settled down since I sprayed it but still has a sandy feel, about 100 grit I reckon. Cure time is 2-3 weeks total! But itís epoxy so it should take some abuse after curing.
    Last edited by Magdump; August 23rd, 2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Free shotgun?

Thinking about a full stock...

Last edited by Magdump; August 30th, 2018 at 01:25 AM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Free shotgun?

Better

Last edited by Magdump; September 4th, 2018 at 12:05 AM.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Anybody got any old mossberg 500 12ga shotguns for sale cheap? Any condition.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    So he reaches into the bed of his truck and extends this rusty length of something (old pipe wrench? Handful of rebar?) that caused me to hesitate to take it from him. When was my last tetanus shot? Hang on, lemme get a shop towel or something...
    *Do something with this* was all I got at that moment.

Now hold on, can I get a backstory or something?

Seems it got lost in the trunk of an old car for an unspecified amount of time. Down in the fenderwell he tells me. *Just wanted to have one last look in that one before I haul them all in to the scrap yard*
    I almost asked him how much theyíre paying per pound these days, thinking he shoulda left the extra 5 pounds where it was...
    Anyway, I shoulda got some pics before I touched it.
    Hereís one a couple days into a PB Blaster soak, which allowed me to work the action and tear it down.

Lost a good bit of blue but I had some Oxpho-blue handy. I was more concerned about the receiver. It was banged up pretty good. Brownells had the bead sight and feed tube spring. And I had a Hogue tamer furniture set somewhere... and after 10 minutes of head scratching I found my stash of alumahyde.
    So, Iím pretty sure he gave it to me. But Iíll defintely clear that up before he sees it again...but itís likely he wonít.

Nice work!!!

sportsman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    So he reaches into the bed of his truck and extends this rusty length of something (old pipe wrench? Handful of rebar?) that caused me to hesitate to take it from him. When was my last tetanus shot? Hang on, lemme get a shop towel or something...
    ďDo something with thisĒ was all I got at that moment.

Now hold on, can I get a backstory or something?

Seems it got lost in the trunk of an old car for an unspecified amount of time. Down in the fenderwell he tells me. ďJust wanted to have one last look in that one before I haul them all in to the scrap yardĒ
    I almost asked him how much theyíre paying per pound these days, thinking he shoulda left the extra 5 pounds where it was...
    Anyway, I shoulda got some pics before I touched it.
    Hereís one a couple days into a PB Blaster soak, which allowed me to work the action and tear it down.

Lost a good bit of blue but I had some Oxpho-blue handy. I was more concerned about the receiver. It was banged up pretty good. Brownells had the bead sight and feed tube spring. And I had a Hogue tamer furniture set somewhere... and after 10 minutes of head scratching I found my stash of alumahyde.
    So, Iím pretty sure he gave it to me. But Iíll defintely clear that up before he sees it again...but itís likely he wonít.

Was it or Is it a mossburg?