Who CCs a 4" gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m assuming you mean something with a 4inch barrel?
    Do you consider this as being on the big side for concealed carry? I carry 3.5-4 inch barreled weapons during warmer months but have been known to carry a full size auto when temps and clothing permit. What challenges are you working around? Need info on Holsters? Location?

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Not a high capacity, but I carry some form of 4.25" 1911 daily. Good belt and holster is all you need. Well, a cover garmet of some type as well. What are you carrying with now, and what are you having problems with? Might take a while to find the holster, belt combo that works best for you.

Last edited:

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have been known to carry a 4* Wilson Combat 45.
    As stated earlier, it’s all about the belt and holster.

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I want to know what holsters ya'll use for let's say....a G19 size. What position do you carry and such. I don't wear "baggy" clothing. Most of my wardrobe is fitted which would make carrying such weapon a bit challenging.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I appendix carry a CZ P07 with a TLR 3 and a CZ P10c with no lights (both G19 sized). I'm 5'10 150 lb and I wear rather fitted cloth. The grip is what will print the most but 80% of it can be solved with a concealment claw on the holster. The light on the P07 also sorta functions in the same way and pushes the grip toward your body, make the pistol easier to carry.. I do have to carry at pretty much exactly 12 o'clock to keep the grip from printing too much, but my body is pretty narrow.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wear Jeans and a polo daily, if not scrubs, I use a comptac ctac for my g19 gen 4, MTAC sometimes, Infidel if I want something quick, I have an appedix carry holster when I run a g19 with XC1 and a priority 1 holster when I run a G19 with APL-C. I have a bunch of g19's, and I swap them up, Mostly 3-4 o'clock. Comp-tac is the company I use the most, they hold the gun closer to my body, and work well on my pudgy 5'8'' frame.

My favorite IWB:
    https://comp-tac.com/ctac-holsters-all-kydex-iwb-concealed-carry-comp-tac/

The most comfortable IWB:
    https://comp-tac.com/mtac-premier-iwb-hybrid-holster-comp-tac/

Quick and easy on/off:
    https://comp-tac.com/infidel-max-holster-iwb-all-kydex-easy-on-easy-off-clip/

affordable and adjustable light bearing holster:
    https://priority1holsters.com/g19-with-inforce-apl-compact-pchs/

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Jake, I've been carrying that CM9.... feel like I need more rounds in the Big Sleazy. Lol

I understand. I have a hard time getting away from the convenience of a 5 shot revolver. I have started carrying an airweight 38 in lieu of a steel .357 just for the weight savings when wearing shorts.

I used to carry a full size 1911 using a Milt Sparks VM2 and belt. It was still pretty heavy.

I do think a good holster that holds shape against a tight belt is pretty important. I had one that did not hold shape and negatively impacted the draw when the belt was tight.

Hope that helps.

GulfCoast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2017
    Pascagoula, MS
    I EDC a Glock 19 w/RMR and suppressor sights in a Vedder Light Tuck w/claw at 1:00 AIWB. I am 5'7 and 175 and short. I have to go a size up on the pants. Tucking in the shirt can be tricky, but is doable. An untucked shirt is easy to pull off.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    G19 in a Raven Concealment Eidolon at 1:00... I'm 5' 7", 185lbs.
    Under a t-shirt only the butt will slightly print if I move in an odd way, like leaning backwards to stretch or twisting sharply at the waist.
    I definitely have a bit of a gut I need to lose but this only makes bending down all the way a bit uncomfortable and I sit down slowly so I don't slam my ribs, lol. Once seated there is no issue though my t-shirt can lay a bit odd against the gun... something losing my gut would help with.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I want to know what holsters ya'll use for let's say....a G19 size. What position do you carry and such. I don't wear "baggy" clothing. Most of my wardrobe is fitted which would make carrying such weapon a bit challenging.

Glock in a RCS Phantom IWB with expansion wings and soft loops.

Ctglenn8386

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Carencro
    I carry an M and P 9mm Pro Series with Trijicon RMR and suppressor sights and Viridian C5 light. Custom Tier 1 AGIS allows appendix with an extra mag. I wear slacks and dress shirts most of the time and it tucks in easy. Im 5'7 160. Most people aren't looking at your stomach and I feel you are less conscious of it. Not checking if it is printing all the time.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I'm 5"6.9" 140 lbs, mostly in jeans,branded tee shirt and boots

75% glock 19gen4,HD XR,milt sparks criterion @3:00-4:30 depending on mood

15% glock 43 incog kydex appendix

8% glock 30s,HD XR, milt sparks criterion @3:00-4:30

2% Dan Wesson CCO 4.25" 1911, trijicon NS, milt sparks criterion @3:00-4:30

Last edited:

2011ERIC

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Belle Chasse, La
    Who CCs a 4" gun?

I also use a Comptac Minotaur with a G19 at 3 o’clock. I also have one for a Shield 9mm when I want something a little smaller. They are comfortable and have held up well over the last 6 years. I don’t have the body type for AWIB lol 5’7” 190

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom