Conceal Carry Questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    My wife currently uses a CCW purse but I am trying to get her to holster carry as the purse option involves so many compromises.
    She is going to try carrying an LCP at her waist and see if she can make it work... a .380 on her person definitely beats a 9mm in a snatched purse.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    My wife mostly sticks with purse carry... I have noticed most ladys ( mine for sure) finds it very hard to compromise her wardrobe to conceal carry.... As gearfondler stated above me we are always having conversations and "training" on maintaining your purse, not setting it down at a restaurant, or when you come home, as we have 3 small kids 10,7 and 4... My 3 boys deff understand gun safety and have been around them all there life and a part of it, nothing hidden and I could honestly say they are very mature for there age in gun safety but often worry about nieces and nephews staying over with a purse on the counter. My wife carries a glock 43, in a cross the sholder smaller coach cluch purse I guess you would call it, shes a minimalist like me lol, here EDC in purse is gum, 10-37 receipts from various places, glock 43, wallet and keys. She has a kydex holster with a pretty tight retention for extra safety, but nothing she cant strip from the holster fast. Now typically she keeps it in the purse but depending on situation and area she will slip in her pants appendix while leaving a store late at night ect..

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I forgot to mention, when we get home we have a several gun micro vaults and they go up in there locked up.. The finger code allows rapid access and can be put around the house on counter, coffee tables, inside drawers ect to always have speedy access.. not really an issue if you don't have younger children, just figured I would pass on how we maintain loaded firearm control and safety in our house around children

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I've used purses, paddle holsters and pockets, and depending on the situation still use these when circumstances dictate, but most of the time I use a Comfortac Belly Band for my S&W Shield. The spare mag pouch that velcros on is actually too bulky for me most of the time, so I slip the extra mag into the document pouch, along with my CCW permit. It is closer to the gun, and I've found there's less chance of a separate "printing".

I showed it to my sister-in-law, who now uses one for her snubbie revolver.
    Here's a link; notice in most of the photos the models are using the dox pouch instead of the spare mag pouch!

https://comforttac.com/collections/belly-band-holsters

The only real issue I have with it, is that when you stretch the band to get a tight fit, ( YAY! I lost some weight and need to get the next size down!) the band elongates laterally, compressing the vertical measurement of the "eye" side. This creates an "overlap" by the hook side of the velcro and if not carefully adjusted, causes itching and annoyance where the hooks meet bare skin. I think I'll send the company a suggestion to taper the "hook" end of the band a bit.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    Ladies clothes SUCK for CCW... Shallow or absent pockets, form fitting shapes, and hardly appropriate looking with, or even designed for, a good belt.
    Ladies, I like how you look in those clothes but I don't envy your options. :)

Top Bottom