Held hostage by the hospital..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Two part in depth article about a hospital actually holding a patient hostage after demanding release then trying to use it's political power with the police and state government
    to try and have the hospital become her legal guardian even though the patient is a competent adult.
    This is some scary crap and why I would never go under anesthesia with out a directive and a power of attorney.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health/mayo-clinic-escape-1-eprise/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health/mayo-clinic-escape-2-eprise/index.html

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    That is not an unusual thing. Several years ago I was transferred from hospital to their Rehab facility and my treatment was terrible. I learned that the place, while well known, did a poor job.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Great read! Thanks so much. As a nurse in a Neuro Critical Care Unit, I find this sad and infuriating. I hope the family changes their minds about taking legal action and sues the pants off everyone involved. Every person involved with some form of licensure can be included in the suit (along with the hospital) from the physician to the social worker, Nurse, administrator, etc.
    And props to those investigators!

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I've threatened to RIP IVs out my arms. Demanded my paperwork so I could be released. Threatened ER staff and walked out. All while they were trying to convince me why I should stat and get a MRI..
    Too bad I dont remember much of it.. :mamoru:

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Thanks for the links. My wife and I need to make sure our POAs are up to date. It also breaks my heart to know that the Mayo of today is not anything like it was 40+ years ago- but hardly anything is for that matter.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Great read! Thanks so much. As a nurse in a Neuro Critical Care Unit, I find this sad and infuriating. I hope the family changes their minds about taking legal action and sues the pants off everyone involved. Every person involved with some form of licensure can be included in the suit (along with the hospital) from the physician to the social worker, Nurse, administrator, etc.
    And props to those investigators!

for some reason, I really thought you were LEO.......

Top Bottom