Those of you who've broken in a P365....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feral45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2015
    Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
    Took me an hour to do the homework. Broken strikers, broken springs, dead pistol. I think I'll pass. When I see Papel Dispensation from Sig saying all is good past 5000 rounds, maybe.
    With monster Military contract, guess they don't have to worry about bad PR and their customer base. OK, fine.
    At least they can't get mad at me. I will continue to carry a Sig P232. It's old, it's German, and it's from Sig's "good ole days". I trust it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hear ya Feral, I was ready to get one but with the problems and the $500~ price tag I think I’ll give it a while. I expected to pay over 500 for each of the 938 pistols I own, but Sig has definitely overpriced the 365, or the retailers have...

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Took me an hour to do the homework. Broken strikers, broken springs, dead pistol. I think I'll pass. When I see Papel Dispensation from Sig saying all is good past 5000 rounds, maybe.
    With monster Military contract, guess they don't have to worry about bad PR and their customer base. OK, fine.
    At least they can't get mad at me. I will continue to carry a Sig P232. It's old, it's German, and it's from Sig's "good ole days". I trust it.

Look at the dates on your homework. As I research, the early issues have been worked out, it seems.
    Can't argue with the P232/230's - loved mine but a tid bit heavy and single stack. But functional and reliable.

GulfCoast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2017
    Pascagoula, MS
    August "born on" date. A skosh over 500 rounds, mixed 9mm ball and carry ammo. No issues to date, but the gun gets hot as HELL quickly.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I just picked mine up on Saturday. I will post round count and details soon after firing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have put about 225 through mine so far. I like it! I shot it for the first time and I was happy to be able to keep about a 5" group or smaller at 50 feet. Up close it was one ragged hole. I will run at least 500 rounds (probably more) before I am throughly comfortable with the P365 on the hip.The primer drag on mine does not go all the way to the rim however it is apparent.

Last edited:

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Mine was made April 5 and no issues. I carry in my pocket or AIWB with 13 Liberty Civil Defense +P. I'm amazed at the micro-compact size in a double stack 9mm. Now my P938 and S&W Shield 9mm are safe queens.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Bought one today for the woman. Her first gun. I shot and I was really surprised how much I liked it. I’m not into compact guns but I really liked the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    My first one is at around 1K rounds now, maybe a little more (lost count). Guess I'm still "lucky" cuz it works like a champ.
    Hearing about a small number of guns with issues which SIG has been quick to fix. Guess SIG is rushing as many units to market before the competition catches up?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Sour grapes from a Glock fan.

Sig Sauer has always made better quality firearms than Glock. The P320 & P365 are innovative new platforms that are hugely successful. The P320 fulfilled the military requirements for a totally new modular sidearm platform. The P365 re-invents the double-stack 9mm micro pistol and manufacturing can't keep up with demand.

Meanwhile, Glock adds or subtracts finger grooves and offers colors. Meh...

0q1p17beufmzv5x84r12.jpg

Everything about this is amazing!

jpomlo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Mandeville, LA
    I think there are many many folks (myself included) who are waiting for the kinks to get worked out of this pistol before taking the leap on it. For now, I'm still on the fence...patiently waiting. And by patiently I mean buying other guns while I wait. Like my new Walther PPS M2.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Yeah.... about one malfunction every 500 or so rounds. We only shoot premium duty Ammo so it’s not cheap Ammo related as some suggested. To be honest I’m surprised the agency approved it with the weapon’s iniitial growing pains. I plan on running this thing until something actually breaks. I just ordered another RSA as a preventive measure. We have been putting about 500-600 rounds a week during our quals. I’ll have an update as things progress.

Top Bottom