Those of you who've broken in a P365....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Have they worked the kinks out of these yet, in your opinions?

Full Disclosure: It's a little late for me to be asking this seeing as I picked one up, earlier this week. But I've been known to be "preemptive" on things like this, sometimes. :)

I've yet to put a round through it- but will be doing that, this weekend. This is one of the newer models, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. Sure is- outwardly- a neat little rig.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Let us know if it is still running after it has digested a few cases of ammunition.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I pick mine up tomorrow but have shot 2 others. The 2 earlier issues were resolved and my fellow RO has put hundreds of rounds through his over the last 2 months with zero issues. 12 round mags are somewhat elusive right now but supply will loosen up in a bit. Already a great assortment of holsters available. Enjoy.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I pick mine up tomorrow but have shot 2 others. The 2 earlier issues were resolved and my fellow RO has put hundreds of rounds through his over the last 2 months with zero issues. 12 round mags are somewhat elusive right now but supply will loosen up in a bit. Already a great assortment of holsters available. Enjoy.

I happened to run across 2 of them on the shelf (12 rd mags) at the Denham Springs Academy, last week. $39.99ea....High when compared to a Glock- but I've seen them online anywhere from $39-45.

13 rounds is impressive in such a small pistol.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve picked up the demo frame at Interstate every time I go in there. I’m almost done waiting. Kinda decided if I see one behind the glass next visit I’ll throw my money on the counter

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Ive got my eyes on one in the future. I just like to let them incubate on the market before forking out the dough. With that being said I have sold quite a few of them. The only gripes Ive seen so far to come back in store are: firing pin drag on primer (mfg defect I guess? Did not effect functionality) and one was probably user error.....the customer locked the slide back and it will not return forward. He did mention that he took the trigger mech out so it could be safe to assume it was incorrectly reassembled. Will find out as soon as my smith lays eyes on it.

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    Ive got my eyes on one in the future. I just like to let them incubate on the market before forking out the dough. With that being said I have sold quite a few of them. The only gripes Ive seen so far to come back in store are: firing pin drag on primer (mfg defect I guess? Did not effect functionality) and one was probably user error.....the customer locked the slide back and it will not return forward. He did mention that he took the trigger mech out so it could be safe to assume it was incorrectly reassembled. Will find out as soon as my smith lays eyes on it.

FP drag is basically a fact of life with the 365... They all do it to some degree or another.

As to the locked slide... Probably was the customers fault. There's a lot of little loose and finicky parts in there which is why Sig recommends you not to remove it... It's not a 320 even if it's based on it.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I ran some rounds through it over the weekend (only 200, or so). I think it's a keeper. No malfunctions; handled well. Yes- I did notice some drag marks on the primers. Not particularly worried about it- I see the same thing when using both my G43 and Shield. Seems to be a common sub compact issue.:dunno:

So far, so good. I'll run it a good deal more, next trip I make. I think Sig has a winner worthy of the hype.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Got 400 rounds down range from 7 to 50 yards. Very accurate, especially with 124 grain projectiles. Did have 5 failures to fire. Different bullet weights and manufacturers. All 5 primers showed extremely light dimples. All fired on second try. May not have been going all the way back into battery? Will continue break-in Saturday. Best pocket 9 I've shot (except LC9S had smoother/lighter trigger). It'll be at IPSO range Saturday if anyone wants to shoot it - bring factory ammo! Ed

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Got 400 rounds down range from 7 to 50 yards. Very accurate, especially with 124 grain projectiles. Did have 5 failures to fire. Different bullet weights and manufacturers. All 5 primers showed extremely light dimples. All fired on second try. May not have been going all the way back into battery? Will continue break-in Saturday. Best pocket 9 I've shot (except LC9S had smoother/lighter trigger). It'll be at IPSO range Saturday if anyone wants to shoot it - bring factory ammo! Ed

I would never refer to a new pistol with 5 failure to fire as best and it would be gone with full disclosure.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I don't give up quite so easily - if it's not something that smooths out soon it will go back to SIG who will make it right. I would rather it worked perfectly out of the box but have found over the years that that doesn't always happen. Had to return a new LWRC REPR AR10 for new barrel and gas block earlier this year - happens. It's happened with a H&K, a Glock and a S&W revolver in the past. Still a small percent of the guns I've owned and shot.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    With 700+ rounds it now is 100% reliable (no malfunctions in the last 300+ rounds). I assume the initial FTF's were due to a tight spot in frame/rail fit since removing/installing slide is now smoother. Got 2 more on back order for my son and grandson. Anxious to see what H&K, S&W, Ruger, Springfield, Glock, etc will come out with to catch up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    With 700+ rounds it now is 100% reliable (no malfunctions in the last 300+ rounds). I assume the initial FTF's were due to a tight spot in frame/rail fit since removing/installing slide is now smoother. Got 2 more on back order for my son and grandson. Anxious to see what H&K, S&W, Ruger, Springfield, Glock, etc will come out with to catch up.

I hope the others never make a pistol that has a track record as poor as a Sig P320 or Sig P365.
    I hope your pistol continues to work as designed. Good Luck.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I hope the others never make a pistol that has a track record as poor as a Sig P320 or Sig P365.

Sour grapes from a Glock fan.

Sig Sauer has always made better quality firearms than Glock. The P320 & P365 are innovative new platforms that are hugely successful. The P320 fulfilled the military requirements for a totally new modular sidearm platform. The P365 re-invents the double-stack 9mm micro pistol and manufacturing can't keep up with demand.

Meanwhile, Glock adds or subtracts finger grooves and offers colors. Meh...

0q1p17beufmzv5x84r12.jpg

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Sour grapes from a Glock fan.

Sig Sauer has always made better quality firearms than Glock. The P320 & P365 are innovative new platforms that are hugely successful. The P320 fulfilled the military requirements for a totally new modular sidearm platform. The P365 re-invents the double-stack 9mm micro pistol and manufacturing can't keep up with demand.

Meanwhile, Glock adds or subtracts finger grooves and offers colors. Meh...

0q1p17beufmzv5x84r12.jpg

Lmao that pic is hilarious.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria

I'm sure mine and the tens of thousands of others in CCW, LE and Military service will continue to work as designed. And don't be too sad, I'm sure Glock will eventually catch up to the new standards. :)

Top Bottom