Mini 30 Muzzle Brake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z21-I

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    Marrero, LA
    Has anybody used the linear style muzzle brake on their Mini 30? I like to hunt with my Mini occasionally but the current brake I have on the gun is so loud I hate shooting it without hearing protection.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had a slip over the sight flash hider that had brake holes and never seemed to add to the noise level. I’d just delete it if I thought it did. 7.62x39 doesn’t exactly have what I’d call recoil tho and I’d rate the noise level below that of 5.56. Have you considered just removing the brake altogether?

Z21-I

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    Marrero, LA
    I had a slip over the sight flash hider that had brake holes and never seemed to add to the noise level. I’d just delete it if I thought it did. 7.62x39 doesn’t exactly have what I’d call recoil tho and I’d rate the noise level below that of 5.56. Have you considered just removing the brake altogether?

The barrel was cut and threaded to help with accuracy not for recoil. Also had some trigger work done. Both helped.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The barrel was cut and threaded to help with accuracy not for recoil. Also had some trigger work done. Both helped.
    Ah, gotcha. In that case, if there’s a linear type of brake in .30 cal like the Levang linear brakes I use on some of my 5.56 stuff I have to say I like. I saw a study done a few years ago where they measured recoil/muzzle flip etc in several brakes and the linear style brakes were middle of the road, but everything goes out the front so they are easiest on the shooter (and likely anyone else nearby).

1717d82329683b0585086ae0f5d0a425.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom