Kart Racing - Sunday @ 2:00 - Nola MSRP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Since this weather looks like it we perfect:
    If any you want to race a kart next Sunday @ 2:00 Nov 4th.
    Click the link below:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...m-6pm-kart-track-nola-motorsports-park-388362

Cost is $71.33 w/tax. It is a deal compared to any other karting. It is not the normal arrive & drive karting. Two classes determined by weight, Light and Heavy separated @ 185 # driver weight will be run. In either class there are some seasoned fast guys.

Full Disclosure:
    If you have not done this it can take a toll on you, so don't be fooled by it's only 38 minutes total track time. Neck, hands, arm, chest, torso will probably be most sore, but your whole body may ache.

Total Disclosure:
    It is the first race of a series and there may be some idiot drivers. Some are just not up to the speed & timing of it and some just don't care, so figure on 3 in every crowd. That said try not to be that guy and try not to react to that guy. Sometimes accidents happen, the guy that hits you may have made an honest mistake or just been hit by 2 others. If you retaliate it may cause a 3rd person to be affected.
    Karts are not always equal. Sometime you get one that doesn't suit your preference or is actually a bit of a dog. But karts rotate, so sometimes you get a good one. Just drive what you get.

Bottom line is it is a pretty fun for the dollar.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Preregistration is cheaper
    If you can make it that would be great. I am going add something to the OP on what to wear/bring.

Plus it's right near the gun range, so you still get to hear gunfire ! ! So far no one @ the track has expressed concern over shooting going on. I am probably the most paranoid after reading all the horror stories of range incidents on here. Same kart track does host some bike events.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Another round this coming Sunday if any one wants to give it a try:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...m-6pm-kart-track-nola-motorsports-park-388362

Weather should be great. If you want to try this now is a perfect time. Being mid season most drivers with issues have sorted themselves out.

If anyone wants to make it I can give some pointer beforehand. If 2 light guys (under 185) sign up form here, I will race in that class as well and give y'all some coaching. Unless y'all smoke me, then I'll have to get tips from y'all. Feel free to PM me if you want to give it a go.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom