Levi’s stepping into the political game?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Levi's hasn't been "the cool brand" in quite a while. Nobody sees someone else in LEvi's and thinks "man, I've got to get me a pair of those cool jeans." People buy Levi's because it's what they find comfortable, it's what they are used to.

Wearing it is endorsing it. That's all I'm saying. That's why they put the tag on it, so other see who's endorsing their brand.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wearing it is endorsing it. That's all I'm saying. That's why they put the tag on it, so other see who's endorsing their brand.

I think I have 3 pair of jeans, 2 of which are Levi's. They fit well and they're comfortable. But if you're ever in the need for some shop rags, let me know. You can pay for replacement jeans and use the ones I have for the rags. As far as my endorsing them until you buy them, if I'm wearing jeans, I'm usually going somewhere that I don't need to tuck in my shirt so nobody sees the tags. And now that I think about it, I've never been asked about my jeans, even when the tags were hidden.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Man, this is getting hard to keep up with what not to wear, use, carry or own! I sure hope Blue Bell ice cream doesn't get involved!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    That settles it - cutting off the tags (seriously). When people ask what I'm wearing so they can buy some and be as cool as me (not serious), I'll tell the it's the WallyWorld brand without tags :)

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    It may not be what he wants to say. He may not think it's what others see. People see others and want to emulate in order to fit in..... They see you wearing "the cool brand" and will follow suit. It's human nature. It's how marketing works. It's why Levis has that little patch and red tag. Most people aren't even aware that Levis is anti-2A.
    1. the Levi patch is long gone
    2. 99% of time shirt is untucked and jean top covered
    3. would be proud if ANYONE even noticed that a fat 75 year old is even wearing pants, much less be impressed by the brand
    4. did I mention that I'm a tightwad?

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nothing new here. Levi Strauss Corporation has been anti-gun for as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 70. Major $ contributor to the gun control ideologues for decades. This is along with REI, Patagonia, Yuengling Beer, Goodyear, Hooters, Walgreens, Wafflehouse, and many more.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    When Dicks went anti-2a, that hurt. I’m a displaced citizen of the Steeler Nation, and they’re a Pittsburgh based company. Same with GNC. Yuengling is also a PA company…

In case it’s not common knowledge, PA is a commonwealth state. Almost as hopelessly political as napoleonic code. If you’re not a favored company with the state chamber of commerce (an elected board at the state and township levels), you’re not getting much done in the way of business.

Sad to see they’re kowtowing to the populist line up there, but we can’t say as we’re actually surprised. Given modern cancel culture, I’m sure every major company either trying to grow or struggling to maintain market share is doing everything it can to stay relevant, play nice with the “woke” movement, and avoid negative publicity - especially the latter given how it seems crossing the MSM results in falling victim to SJWs calling for the business to be either boycotted in the name of (insert the favored “-ism” du jour) or targeted for picketing/ rioting/ property damage.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Top Bottom