Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83
  1. #1
    Former Yankee

    User Info Menu

    ACT 507 ( formerly HB 495)

    This bill that passed requires retired LEO's who carry under LEOSA to get another ID from the local sherrif as I read this. So in essence they need 2 id's. Retired creds and sherrif issue. The question is what happens if the LEOSA carrying person does not do this. This law specify's no penalty. Or is it the good ol boy system with retired LEO's. As you can see i am no fan of LEOSA. It creates a privledge class of individuals with absolutly no authority yet can conceal carry in all 50 states with impunity.


    New law requires the sheriff or chief law enforcement officer to issue identification required
    by existing law to each individual who meets the requirements set forth in existing and new
    law for a "qualified retired law enforcement officer".

  2. #2
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by met7881 View Post
    This bill that passed requires retired LEO's who carry under LEOSA to get another ID from the local sherrif as I read this. So in essence they need 2 id's. Retired creds and sherrif issue. The question is what happens if the LEOSA carrying person does not do this. This law specify's no penalty. Or is it the good ol boy system with retired LEO's. As you can see i am no fan of LEOSA. It creates a privledge class of individuals with absolutly no authority yet can conceal carry in all 50 states with impunity.


    New law requires the sheriff or chief law enforcement officer to issue identification required
    by existing law to each individual who meets the requirements set forth in existing and new
    law for a "qualified retired law enforcement officer".
    So you're against people being allowed to carry concealed in all 50 states?

  3. #3
    Former Yankee

    User Info Menu

    Of course not. But I am unable to carry in all 50 states unless congress passes the legislation pending in the senate. Treat all equally. retired LEO's have NO authority what so ever. This was feel good legislation to apease the public that all these reitred LEO's will protect up. Bull

  4. #4
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by met7881 View Post
    Of course not. But I am unable to carry in all 50 states unless congress passes the legislation pending in the senate. Treat all equally. retired LEO's have NO authority what so ever. This was feel good legislation to apease the public that all these reitred LEO's will protect up. Bull
    Oh. So is retired LEO being able to carry in all 50 states taking away anything from you? In other words, did you have to lose anything in order for them to have that legislation?

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Oh. So is retired LEO being able to carry in all 50 states taking away anything from you? In other words, did you have to lose anything in order for them to have that legislation?
    Special rules for special people pisses off people who don't get the special treatment. People want equal treatment for all.

  6. #6
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STPHomie View Post
    Special rules for special people pisses off people who don't get the special treatment. People want equal treatment for all.
    That didn't answer my questions. But I'm pretty sure the answer to those questions are known. The law allowing it for some takes nothing away from the others. People who are not LEO or former LEO are in the exact same position they were in before the law was passed. Nothing has changed for them. But rather than being happy for the people who did benefit from the new law and pushing for more people to be included, people mad and want everyone excluded until they are also included. I find it curious the OP reasoned "retired LEO's have NO authority what so ever" as the reason for his opposition. The OP seems to be ok with current LEO's benefiting from the law. But as a Louisiana LEO, what authority do I have in Texas that a retired LEO doesn't have? My arrest powers stop at the Louisiana border. But the OP be mad because one person with no authority in Texas can carry in Texas but be ok with another person with no authority in Texas carrying in Texas even though either person carrying in Texas doesn't affect him what so ever. I just find that a curious stance to take.

  7. #7
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Oh. So is retired LEO being able to carry in all 50 states taking away anything from you? In other words, did you have to lose anything in order for them to have that legislation?
    Yes, placement within a gradation of rights or privileges.

  8. #8
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Yes, placement within a gradation of rights or privileges.
    Before the law was passed, there already existed a group people who could carry concealed within all 50 states. Therefore, placement is the same as it was before the law was passed and nothing was lost.

  9. #9
    Sic semper tyrannis

    User Info Menu

    I understand the OPs viewpoint, and I can appreciate it.

    However...I am hard pressed to come up with a reason to go to those states that would not allow me to carry there. They probably suck anyway and have pinkos/BS laws present.

    With that being said I think the more people we have responsibly carrying, the better. Whats wrong with that as a end goal? Id rather have someone responsible than NO ONE at all carrying close by in a shit scenario, god forbid I ever end up in one. Ends vs the means?
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

    I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.


  10. #10
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Yes, placement within a gradation of rights or privileges.
    Bingo. All things being relevant, when a protected class is afforded special privileges, those not in the special class are reduced to second class citizens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •