ACT 507 ( formerly HB 495)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So average law abiding citizens also at risk to be mugged, attacked, or worse, who are equally entitled to the right of self preservation. Post like this just reek of an ‘us verse them’ mentality.

Police run the same risk when they are out of uniform. Everyone should be entitled to the right of self preservation. But if you cannot see the added danger the police and their family face because the police chose to perform a task of keeping the community safe, there's nothing I can say to open your eyes. Who asked who "they" were. I gave you an answer. "They" are the ones who wrestle with an armed bad guy and put him in jail so you are not the next random victim. When the bad guy makes bond, do you think he's going to track down that random victim? No. But he will sure keep his eyes open for the cop who locked him up. And if he sees that cop out with his family, he'll also look for an opportunity to get even. It would be great if this happened with just one guy, but it doesn't. It happens over and over and over. Your failure to recognize there exists a greater threat to off duty police than a random law abiding citizen is what creates the "us verse them" mentality, not my post.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Medical pot for the most part is a scam
    To this I would say you are comparing apples and oranges and it's not a slippery slope at all. Yous examples involve losing a right you currently have today. With LEOSA, you are not (in my opinion). A more appropriate analogy would be marijuana. Some states have made medicinal marijuana legal but kept recreational use illegal. Some have legalized both. If you believe both should be legal (note: I do), would you vote against medicinal marijuana because recreational us was not included. Or would you view the medicinal use as a step closer to recreational use. Medicinal use creates a special class who have a right that the "second class citizens" do not.
    Almost all the people I know who use medical pot are just pot heads using a loop hole and before long we will be paying for pot heads to get high through Medicaid . Smoking pot is not a Constitutional right But thanks for setting me straight about the right to carry in all 50 states I was under the impression that was not legal yet .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Medical pot for the most part is a scam Almost all the people I know who use medical pot are just pot heads using a loop hole and before long we will be paying for pot heads to get high through Medicaid . Smoking pot is not a Constitutional right But thanks for setting me straight about the right to carry in all 50 states I was under the impression that was not legal yet .

People abuse the system. That doesn't mean medical marijuana is without merit. Just ask the feds. They've been supplying a handful of citizens medical marijuana for years now under the guise of a long term test. Interesting that I don't ever remember seeing any data from the tests to say whether or not it's working. But I guess 30+ years is not enough time to get any reliable results.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/free-pot-federal-program-ships-marijuana-to-four/

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Who is the “THEY” you are referring to?

I would think that JBP55 is referring to people that have never been a LEO or even knows what they deal with daily with the scum of the earth. Lowlife people saying they will get your ass when they get out or kill your family or just don't say anything but have that feeling you don't want to ever see them again. But JBP55 can explain it to you if he chooses

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    The Feds experimented with LSD and alien research also but this post is not about drugs it's about guns . The op circled around to the subject of some believe it would be ok for cops & excops to be able to carry in all 50 states even if civilians can't .My opinion is its a Constitutional right and if anyone is" allowed" all mentally stable non felon's should be " allowed" . You stated I already have the right so it's a non issue so please share where you found that information .
    People abuse the system. That doesn't mean medical marijuana is without merit. Just ask the feds. They've been supplying a handful of citizens medical marijuana for years now under the guise of a long term test. Interesting that I don't ever remember seeing any data from the tests to say whether or not it's working. But I guess 30+ years is not enough time to get any reliable results.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/free-pot-federal-program-ships-marijuana-to-four/

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    However you want to spin it the bill of rights does not mention the government not infringing on ones right to smoke pot it does state the right to keep and bear arms Not be infringed . I'm not concerned about who on here is or isn't smoking pot I'm wanting to hear more about me supposedly having the right to cancel carry in all 50 states , unless I miss under stood that is what I was told.
    The constitution does not grant rights. It protects them. They are not all enumerated.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yall act like this is something new, Wyatt Earp made a living out of banning guns in tombstone and the constitution was a lot newer then. LEOs will always have greater ability to carry firearms, I don’t see that changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Medical pot for the most part is a scam Almost all the people I know who use medical pot are just pot heads using a loop hole and before long we will be paying for pot heads to get high through Medicaid . Smoking pot is not a Constitutional right But thanks for setting me straight about the right to carry in all 50 states I was under the impression that was not legal yet .

BTW, smoking marijuana may not be a right but the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures is a right. A medical marijuana user with his stash enjoys the rights covered in the 4th amendment. A recreational user with that same stash does not have that right. So, again, medical marijuana use creates a special class who have a right that the "second class citizens" do not.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    That is true about Wyatt ERP and other frontier towns , only the outlaws and police carried guns and as is always the case when only outlaws and police have guns it's hard to tell who is the outlaws. Earp and his brothers were shady to say the least . How many police chief's / Sheriffs do you know of today who run gambling joints and pimp out their prostitute wife in their own whore house?
    Yall act like this is something new, Wyatt Earp made a living out of banning guns in tombstone and the constitution was a lot newer then. LEOs will always have greater ability to carry firearms, I don’t see that changing.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    A Pearson on prescription pain pills has a right to do so a person who is illegally using pain pills to get high is breaking the law but just like the pot head he is still protected from illegal search and seizure . People who have consensual sex in their own home are protected rape in your home isn't .We are not discussing pot smokers rights we are discussing gun rights .
    BTW, smoking marijuana may not be a right but the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures is a right. A medical marijuana user with his stash enjoys the rights covered in the 4th amendment. A recreational user with that same stash does not have that right. So, again, medical marijuana use creates a special class who have a right that the "second class citizens" do not.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That is true about Wyatt ERP and other frontier towns , only the outlaws and police carried guns and as is always the case when only outlaws and police have guns it's hard to tell who is the outlaws. Earp and his brothers were shady to say the least . How many police chief's / Sheriffs do you know of today who run gambling joints and pimp out their prostitute wife in their own whore house?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk[/

Gambling joints and prostitution was legal and largely accepted back then. I’m sure if things hadn’t changed we would all know a few. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that firearms were outlawed in certain places, towns, etc.. Most jobs have certain things that go along with them, LEOs just happen to have firearms.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A Pearson on prescription pain pills has a right to do so a person who is illegally using pain pills to get high is breaking the law but just like the pot head he is still protected from illegal search and seizure . People who have consensual sex in their own home are protected rape in your home isn't .We are not discussing pot smokers rights we are discussing gun rights .

We're talking about the notion that laws that target one group while leaving others untouched somehow creates "second class citizens." And until recreational prescription pain pills is legal anywhere, your comparing medicinal marijuana to prescription pain pills doesn't work. Do try to keep up please.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gambling joints and prostitution was legal and largely accepted back then. I’m sure if things hadn’t changed we would all know a few. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that firearms were outlawed in certain places, towns, etc.. Most jobs have certain things that go along with them, LEOs just happen to have firearms.

And the occasional 10% discount at Raisin Canes. That's why I do it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And the occasional 10% discount at Raisin Canes. That's why I do it.

I’m more of a chic fil a person when I have to grab fast food, but when in a bind I will grab a canes sandwich.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Wow ,I've learned a lot from comments on this post , first I learned I already have the right to cc in all 50 states now I just learned it is now not against the Fed law to smoke pot somewhere in the US . I do wish you people sharing this knowledge would share the details of when those two laws were voted in .
    We're talking about the notion that laws that target one group while leaving others untouched somehow creates "second class citizens." And until recreational prescription pain pills is legal anywhere, your comparing medicinal marijuana to prescription pain pills doesn't work. Do try to keep up please.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m more of a chic fil a person when I have to grab fast food, but when in a bind I will grab a canes sandwich.

I like Chick-fil-A. But I can't stand the traffic on college between corporate and Perkins so I tend to stay away from there. The one on millerville isn't so bad to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    8 pages and counting. Its been some time that a post got this attention. I called LSP regarding this ACT. They have no information on this. Said LEOSA carry is enough. In the process of contacting St. Tamanny sheriff office to get there take on this. Its just like our legislators to pass another "law" which no one knows about.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I like Chick-fil-A. But I can't stand the traffic on college between corporate and Perkins so I tend to stay away from there. The one on millerville isn't so bad to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to the one in Denham

Top Bottom