No AR pistols at Precision in BR?!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FRC Indoor Range

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We do allow AR pistols as long as they have a brace and can be shouldered. The problem with “Draco’s” is that most of them do not have a brace and cannot be shoulder and fired accurately. We understand there are some Draco owners who can fire them accurately without a brace. But the vast majority of Draco’s we have had in here have not been fired accurately, resulting in thousands of dollars of damage to our target carrier system and a few massive holes in the concrete floor just in front of the booth. Once we banned Draco’s our target system took much less damage.

With any weapon here, if the shooter cannot keep their rounds on target they will be asked to leave. We allow full autos, drawing from the holster, rapid fire, and many other freedoms most ranges don’t allow as long as the rounds impact the target and not the ceiling or the floor. In my opinion, that is a very fair rule.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    We do allow AR pistols as long as they have a brace and can be shouldered. The problem with *Draco’s* is that most of them do not have a brace and cannot be shoulder and fired accurately. We understand there are some Draco owners who can fire them accurately without a brace. But the vast majority of Draco’s we have had in here have not been fired accurately, resulting in thousands of dollars of damage to our target carrier system and a few massive holes in the concrete floor just in front of the booth. Once we banned Draco’s our target system took much less damage.

With any weapon here, if the shooter cannot keep their rounds on target they will be asked to leave. We allow full autos, drawing from the holster, rapid fire, and many other freedoms most ranges don’t allow as long as the rounds impact the target and not the ceiling or the floor. In my opinion, that is a very fair rule.

That is very fair. Like you stated, the bottom line is if you cannot control where your projectiles impact, you have no business discharging a firearm period.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    That is very fair. Like you stated, the bottom line is if you cannot control where your projectiles impact, you have no business discharging a firearm period.

John is on point as usual.
    And rules are rules. If you dont like the rules go somewhere else. I've left public ranges due to the idiot next to me

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom