No AR pistols at Precision in BR?!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    I shoot at Precision in BR 3-4 times a month. I shoot my carry weapons, and I always bring a long gun or two. I have a 300blk pistol, 8.5 barrel, that I have shot there dozens of times. It has an SB brace. And as they are so famous for the shoulder fire letter, I shoulder fire, no different than a rifle.

A couple of days ago, I stopped by Precision. I brought my guns in, and was signing the book. One of the guys I have seen for years was there, and someone I hadn't seen was there. The new (to me anyway) guy asked to see my weapons. That was the first time anyone ever asked. I opened my gun cases, and showed them to him one by one.

When I got to my 300blk pistol, he said you can't shoot that here. I told him I had shot it dozens of times, and thought he was just joking. But he wasn't. He said AR pistols are not allowed. Again I told him I had shot it dozens of times. I carry that pistol in a tennis racket bag. I looked over at the guy I recognized, as he always joked about playing tennis when I was done shooting. I said you know I have shot this lots of times.

He pretended that he had never saw this tennis racket before. They both told me AR pistols are not allowed. I asked why? Because people shoot wild, and shoot up the ceiling. Again I told him about the dozens of times I have shot and never shot the ceiling. I shoot no different than a rifle

To be sure of what they were telling me, I asked if i could shoot a 300blk rifle. They said yes. I asked if I could shot a 300blk SBR. They said yes, if you have a stamp. So I asked, what's the difference in shooting this 300blk just because it is legally short, and doesn't have an SBR stamp? Just policy was all I got

I asked about speaking to the owner. He wasn't there. I asked if I could leave him a message to call me. They gave me a note pad, and I left my info. But surprise, surprise, no call

So questions:
    Has anyone run into the no AR pistol rule at Precision?
    Does anyone know how to contact the owner?

qjokzfry9s79ik4e7od.jpg

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I was told the same thing recently. I used to shoot my AR pistol there multiple times, but they changed their policy recently.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Sounds like it could potentially be another unfortunate case of the "you know whats" ruining it for the responsible common sense guys. Ive seen it happen too many times. I am curious as to what occurred and what the reasoning was for the change.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sounds like it could potentially be another unfortunate case of the "you know whats" ruining it for the responsible common sense guys. Ive seen it happen too many times. I am curious as to what occurred and what the reasoning was for the change.

The “you know what’s” are the ass hats behind the counter.

I refuse to step foot into that place due to the horrible persons working there - they are all over the map but ignorance seems to be quite common among them.

You can go to FRC and not have this experience or you can go to Precision and every few months there will be a “new rule” like no one can carry a loaded pistol into the store - yep, I was told that. And that was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Look at their FB page and read the comments and those jokers’ inane responses - on PUBLIC media, no less.

They can go out of business as far as I’m concerned.

“You know what”? The problem lies in the people who continue to give these fools their business.

So maybe you’re correct...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Every time I read one of these range gripe threads I cringe and count my blessings that I’ve got a place where I can go shoot without being bothered.
    The rules are whatever the people in charge say they are. Sometimes rules suck, but they are the rules. If the rules of one place didn’t suit me I’d find another place to shoot.

That being said, I did visit Precision once. Not to shoot, just to look around, it was in the early 90’s when Jim was selling guns from the little shop on that side of Seigon. I was so impressed that I’ve never been back.

Last edited:

FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La

The counter guys said it was because someone shot the ceiling, waving their arm around as they said that, as if someone was using a AR pistol brace to shoot one handed. But they also implied that it was "always" the policy

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    That being said, I did visit Precision once. Not to shoot, just to look around, it was in the early 90’s when Jim was selling guns from the little shop on that side of Seigon. I was so impressed that I’ve never been back.

Same here
    Wingate

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    I also heard about this but they told me that ar pistols and ak pistols are just too loud and concussive. But if I’m not mistaking I think they have a rifle dedicated range so you should already know what you’re signing up for.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    last time i went a guy was shooting one. several months ago.

frc has a no draco rule, but allow ar pistols. makes no sense.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    It's been about 10 years since I been there. The last time I was there I was shooting an UZI carbine. The little guy came running said I have to put it away since "high power rifle " is not allowed. I tried telling it's a 9mm, but he accuse me of lying to him. So I left and never been back!!

FunN4Lo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    I also heard about this but they told me that ar pistols and ak pistols are just too loud and concussive. But if I’m not mistaking I think they have a rifle dedicated range so you should already know what you’re signing up for.

You can stand next to my 300blk pistol with the Kinetitech can and zero recoil brake and feel less concussion than my 9mm... which of course ain't much :)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've shot my 9mm mpx-k pistol there before, even let the guy at the counter fondle it. Zero issues, but that was about a year ago. If they told me no "ar pistols", then I would just bring regular pistols. Their place, their rules, regardless of what I wish they would allow. Shooter's club doesn't allow rifles, St. Bernard indoor requires you to shoot rifles into a small box (and charge for anything that shoots outside of it), Honey Island doesn't allow machine guns on the rifle line (allows it on the pistol line), and I've been to ranges out of state that only allow 1 shot per X amount of seconds. Is it dumb? Sure, but they have building maintenance to pay for, insurance, and also liability to keep the place "safe".

Bayou dragon pretty much allows anything, which isn't bad (besides the ventilation), but I've seen guys with AR pistols there shooting it WITHOUT SIGHTS!!! Guys shooting draco pistols from the hip etc. I literally packed my things up and left after "hip guy" pointed his gun in my direction while loading/unloading.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I have run into the same at Precision.
    I only go there if I am desperate to function test or sight something in.
    Last time I "needed" to shoot my AR pistol I just opened the pouch that had a proper long gun in it.
    Went into the rifle bay, did what I needed to with the pistol and rolled out.
    Much prefer FRC but Precision is 5 minutes from work.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Must have been a long time since you went to St. Bernard Indoor, they have 3 lanes that allow rifle calibers now (for about 2 years). They only charge you for putting holes in the ceiling or equipment now.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Theres a reason for that...

The general type that shows up with dracos and how they shot lead them to eliminate that type all together.
    baker range did the same with all ak's.
    its just cowardice/laziness on the ranges part to say "all type x are banned" instead of banning the individuals making the issues.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    its just cowardice/laziness on the ranges part to say "all type x are banned" instead of banning the individuals making the issues.

If a range has enough problems with the individuals that involve weapon x, they can prevent further issues involving individuals using weapon x by simply banning weapon x. I knew of a gun shop back in the day who refused to sell ak's because the owner didn't care to do business with people who go out and shop for ak's.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA

When did they do that? Haven't been to BR in a while.

Not really missing out on much other than the sweet smell of lead poisoning due to the lack of air filtration.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    When did they do that? Haven't been to BR in a while.

Not really missing out on much other than the sweet smell of lead poisoning due to the lack of air filtration.

Several years ago. I haven't been back since I was kicked out for "rapid firing" my Ruger super Blackhawk .44mag.

Top Bottom