Looking for long range shooters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    There are definitely some of us out there. What kind of setup are you currently learning on?
    Currently I’m using a Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor with a Nightforce SHV. I did most of my shooting with a .300 WM that was built off a savage long action but that became too expensive for my liking.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    What is "long range?" I'm to the point that anything less than 1000 yards is short range.

FTS is the best bet for now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I like to warm up in the 600-800 yard range and try to stay around 1300 yards. Haven’t had an opportunity to shoot much further

Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Does Bedico Creek range still charge by the hour? That would end up getting a little expensive if you made a day of it.

Roadkingclsc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Bogalusa La
    I am very interested in long range shooting, I Have not had an oppurtunity to really air it out yet, my range is only 300 yards. I would be willing to travel and meet up if y'all put something together

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Does Bedico Creek range still charge by the hour? That would end up getting a little expensive if you made a day of it.
    Yes. I usually don’t do public ranges but rode out with a friend recently and was a little surprised at the fee. $20/hr for the long range and$10/hr for the short range. Now, if there was an alternative for a block of time I’d say that was fair, but as it was relayed to me by staff, it’s strictly by the hour. I’ve been known to shoot for 4-5 hours at a time when working on loads and sighting in or just for enjoyment, but I don’t think I’ll be spending another 80-100 bucks over my ammo and gas to go out there. All in all, I fired less than 50 rounds and it cost me 20 bucks.
    As an added bonus, I had the old man (I’m assuming his role is range officer) parked right next to me running his mouth and being a general hindrance.
    Some people might take offense to that statement but I’d ask them to stop and think about what it might be like to be paying by the minute to zero in and shoot a rifle when you have someone you don’t know almost in your lap trying to carry on a conversation with you. I really wanted to ask him to hold his peace and stop using up my time. He was relentless...

I don’t want to go anywhere to shoot if I’ve got to deal with something like that, regardless of the cost.
    The other thing was the complaint for my double tapping a total of 3 times. Running in a barrel. I did not just dump a mag or fire over and over at random, but popped a couple rounds back to back, unloaded, swabbed the barrel and reloaded. All rounds were sent downrange of course, very controlled, not another soul on deck. I just didn’t get it.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I was at Bedico Range yesterday morning. Mike owns and runs the show, he usually is conservative on the time/fee. I have shot several times for 1-2 hours and he just charged me $10. Right now most all are rifle shooters (hunting season prep) as I was the only pistol shooter while I was there yesterday. I have not used the 200+ yard long range yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom