Looking for long range shooters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    I would like to get together with some like minded people who enjoy shooting long range every now and then. I live near BR and can travel anywhere to meet up with people at some rifle ranges. If anybody wants to meet up on some private property that would be awesome too. Also if anybody would want to get together and plan a trip somewhere in Mississippi or Texas one of these weekends we could also do that.

ArtieD

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Meraux, La
    I want to get into it but it’s hard with very few days off from work right now. I also don’t know of many places to go either.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    Palo Alto has matches two or three times a month.
    Not really looking for matches just a couple guys who enjoy shooting distance that can distribute some knowledge to each other.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    There’s a couple places but most long distance ranges require you to be a member

You can now shoot out to 500 or 600 yards at the Bedico Range. No membership required. It's sort of rough but it can be done. Mike runs the place. And the range in MS, just across the border to the east.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Not really looking for matches just a couple guys who enjoy shooting distance that can distribute some knowledge to each other.

FTS Range in Cut Off has steel setup every 50yds or so out to 930yds. No membership required, $20 day.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    You can now shoot out to 500 or 600 yards at the Bedico Range. No membership required. It's sort of rough but it can be done. Mike runs the place. And the range in MS, just across the border to the east.
    I used to live in madisonville and if this is the same range I’m thinking if i won’t be able to make it down the driveway unless they have redone it in the last 3 years

- - - Updated - - -

FTS Range in Cut Off has steel setup every 50yds or so out to 930yds. No membership required, $20 day.
    Sounds like a good set up now only if I could get some guys together that would want to make a trip

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Sounds like a good set up now only if I could get some guys together that would want to make a trip

Are you looking for someone to teach you how to do it or just want to be there while others are there?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I used to live in madisonville and if this is the same range I’m thinking if i won’t be able to make it down the driveway unless they have redone it in the last 3 years

I left yesterday about 1130 after a massive rain storm and I made it out no problem. And I drive a 2012 Camaro. Dirt/shell road with some potholes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• like.jpg
      like.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 110

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

You would be floored at the knowledge you could gain from the shooters that are attending these matches.
    Experienced shooters are very open to helping new shooters along the way.
    I would recommend the FPR match that is on the 2nd Saturday of every month for your first one to go to.
    Muzzle brakes and cans are legal. 68 rounds of ammo, a shooting mat, bipod, rear bag, and a set of binoculars to score and you are set.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    You would be floored at the knowledge you could gain from the shooters that are attending these matches.
    Experienced shooters are very open to helping new shooters along the way.
    I would recommend the FPR match that is on the 2nd Saturday of every month for your first one to go to.
    Muzzle brakes and cans are legal. 68 rounds of ammo, a shooting mat, bipod, rear bag, and a set of binoculars to score and you are set.

I went watch a couple matches before I decided on which rifle to get. Learned a lot by just watching.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    What is "long range?" I'm to the point that anything less than 1000 yards is short range.

FTS is the best bet for now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tmalcombe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Raceland, LA
    Hey bud I shoot at FTS in Cut Off, LA. It’s a great range setup for long range. I’m a member there and always looking for people to shoot with. Owners are great and the regulars are very helpful and friendly.

Top Bottom