85 So Far This Year!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Just locking your vehicle makes a huge difference. The VAST majority of vehicle burglaries in our area are unlocked vehicles, most occurring in residential areas overnight when perpetrators don't want to make any noise by breaking windows. I'd say we get at least one a month where a firearm is taken from an unlocked vehicle, and that just blows my mind that people have such cavalier attitudes about their possessions in general and especially specifically dangerous possessions such as loaded firearms. While having to maintain a professional demeanor with the public, I secretly want to skull-drag some people around their driveway and rub their noses in what they've done wrong. Although I don't leave a gun in my POV nowadays since I carry on my person, I used to leave one in my car on a regular basis, and developed almost OCD levels of checking to make sure my vehicle was locked. You either have to be fastidious about locking, or fastidious about removing valuables, pick one.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Only 85? Sorry for being negative but I would think that that number would be higher.
    I am with ya on that. Betin the real # is higher. And also would bet that some were stolen already and stolen again. So those would not be reported. Just like when drugs are stolen.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am with ya on that. Betin the real # is higher. And also would bet that some were stolen already and stolen again. So those would not be reported. Just like when drugs are stolen.

I was at the station one night when some guy called to report a guy had just sold him fake drugs. I asked him what the drugs were supposed to be and he told me but I can't remember now what it was. I told him if he wanted to make a report he could come down to the station. I told him I would investigate his claim but I would also have to investigate his attempted possession of illegal narcotics. He didn't like that one bit. He said he was trying to help the police out by letting them know about a guy who was ripping people off. My reply was the guy wasn't ripping off people unless they were trying to break the law. He hung up on me.

Top Bottom