Honey Island 9/8/18 Lost Pistol Case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh wow. You didn’t mention that the bag was loaded with pistols in the original post, unless my memory is failing, but I don’t think so. That’s awful. Have you thought about offering a reward? I’m pretty sure they are in someone’s possession.

Last edited:

cnd660r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I updated the first post and also posted on LA Sportsman. I, along with the honey island range master, was hoping that someone would come forward with them but that hasn't happened yet. I also updated the post to mention a reward. I did file a police report the same day and the St. Tammany officer called them into the NCIC while he was there so they are registered as stolen firearms. You do have to sign in at Honey Island. I'll definitely update the post if anything comes up. Thanks.

Last edited:

cnd660r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not entirely sure, which is why I was giving the benefit of the doubt that maybe they weren't intentionally stolen. Me and two friends were at the range and we had a cart with all our gear in it, multiple cases and ammo cans. When we left the range, we loaded up my vehicle and went home and it wasn't until I got home that we noticed it wasn't in the vehicle. So I'm not sure if someone snagged it out the cart when we were downrange and we never noticed. Or it may have even fallen off the cart somewhere in the parking lot and we didn't notice. In the end, I take full responsibility for not noticing it was missing sooner.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm not entirely sure, which is why I was giving the benefit of the doubt that maybe they weren't intentionally stolen. Me and two friends were at the range and we had a cart with all our gear in it, multiple cases and ammo cans. When we left the range, we loaded up my vehicle and went home and it wasn't until I got home that we noticed it wasn't in the vehicle. So I'm not sure if someone snagged it out the cart when we were downrange and we never noticed. Or it may have even fallen off the cart somewhere in the parking lot and we didn't notice. In the end, I take full responsibility for not noticing it was missing sooner.

Whatever, somebody out there has ur pistols and bag. And they have had the opportunity to return the bag/pistols to the Honey Island RO. I hope one day you recover your firearms.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Did u re-trace your steps? Could it have fallen off the cart while crossing the bridge or maybe placed on top the vehicle and fallen off during the drive out? Good luck to you. Do they still keep a log of shooters? Maybe you can get with a RO and ask them if anyone has reported finding anything. I really hope it’s found and not stolen.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Oh wow. You didn’t mention that the bag was loaded with pistols in the original post unless my memory is failing, but I don’t think so. That’s awful. Have you thought about offering a reward? I’m pretty sure they are in someone’s possession.

That's what I thought too. I thought it read just the bag. Hope it gets back to you soon

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    As someone who frequents HI, maybe a line on the sign in form for a phone number or email address so a mass text message or email could get sent out in to contact the people there that day to see if they found or accidentally picked up the wrong bag?

I’m sure that space on the form would be left blank because people don’t want the gov to know their phone number or email address...

cnd660r

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The case with all items in it was returned today. Guy picked it up somewhere in the parking lot shortly after I left and told the range he had it. My contact info eventually made its way to him and he contacted me yesterday. Glad to have it back. Thanks everyone!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The case with all items in it was returned today. Guy picked it up somewhere in the parking lot shortly after I left and told the range he had it. My contact info eventually made its way to him and he contacted me yesterday. Glad to have it back. Thanks everyone!

Awesome, congrats!

Top Bottom