Best place to sell a handgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dandaman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2018
    Metairie
    I need advice on how to sell a pistol for a fair price. First question: how do you know the correct value? Second question: Where should you sell? Gun shows? What websites are good for selling? Gunbroker looks intimidating. This forum seems fine, but there doesn’t seem to be many buyers browsing the ads.

Thanks in in advance for help.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To value a used firearm, I almost always start with gunbroker.com. If you have an account you can search closed listings, and seeing what things actually sold for gives a good idea of what the fair market value might be. Ignore the auctions that didn't get any bids; they were typically priced too high out of the gate.

A lot depends on what you're trying to sell. If it's a run-of-the-mill Glock or Smith, then this forum will generate as much traffic as any other. If it's something more esoteric, then you may seek forums for that particular firearm. Most forums have a buy-and-sell section.

Mike

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    For this forum:
    Some guns like a Glock hold their value well. Some guns do not. Some guns have a much smaller audience.... like a revolver.

Gunbroker is pretty good, you just have to deal with shipping which really hurts as shipping without a FFL means shipping FedEx or UPS overnight.... about $100.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    GunBroker will show you prices paid, if you know how to search.You must be a member, which is free. Sign in, go to advanced search and follow directions. This will show completed auctions and you can see which guns sold and for how much. I use it before I price one and before I bid. It's easy and fast.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Lots of guns are sold here. The ones priced fair sell asap. The ones priced at or just about retail with a holster and half box ammo sit.
    Do not forget to add a photo. And the local in the add as well as the signature as it does not show for some OS in the sigs

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    For this forum:
    Some guns like a Glock hold their value well. Some guns do not. Some guns have a much smaller audience.... like a revolver.

Gunbroker is pretty good, you just have to deal with shipping which really hurts as shipping without a FFL means shipping FedEx or UPS overnight.... about $100.
    I’ve shipped firearms a few times out of the FedEx hub in Baton Rouge and paid somewhere in the 20’s when not to the manufacturer (they usually email a label). No way I’d pay $100 to send or receive any gun.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    This is a great forum to do transactions. Like others have said, if listed for the right price, it will sell fast

Top Bottom