My wifes poor Old Snapper. Is Just Plain Worn Out! Pics Inside

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well after many years the time has come to get her a new one. So I ordered up a brand new one. She is a happy camper! Commercial Mulching. If ya get it this way you can option of a bag by taking the side block off off.
    The 8.5 HP Commercial Briggs with an oil filter. So will run it 6-8 weeks and swap oil and filter after brake-in.
    I pulled the old one out stuck a new carb, filter and oil as well as fuel filter and cleaned the fuel system out and tossed in a new plug. It still runs great but the wheels are worn and kinda loose.
    She said well the old "Snapper" was great but she abused it at times! That there were times it was really wet and she really pushed it harder than she should. I just looked at her and laughed and walked away. :rofl:
    When they dropped it off it was raining so put it together inside and it is still there. She is not going to use it till the weather drys up. :eek3:

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
      P1010001.jpg
      234.7 KB · Views: 65
    • P1010004.jpg
      P1010004.jpg
      219.2 KB · Views: 55

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It is always amazing how well small gas engines take use and keep going. That is as long as you keep regular maintenance up. I know a few guys who do not even add oil. Or keep fresh gas in them.
    The old one still rolling along just worn some and I needed a new old one at dads place. My 28 years old Briggs powered Generator with the 8hp cast iron sleeve is still 100%. Ran it 6.5 days for power with just oil changes. And barrels of gas. Even ran some of the Darts 110 with lead in it whe the barrels were almost out.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a Troybilt with the Honda engine, high back wheels, rear bag, that’s been going strong for 11 seasons. Found a replacement bag a couple years back and kept on rocking. If I ever manage to kill it I hope I can find something close....maybe a cooter

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    My Toro Personal Pace recycler with the Briggs GTS engine has been stellar, I purchased it when I had my 1st house and moved into my current house in Feb 2000, so this mower is 19 years old and still going strong. A few minor issues like the fuel primer ball and the self propel belt. I have only used non-ethanol gas and changed the oil a few times......But sorry to hear about your wife's snapper!

Top Bottom