Any XDm Owners?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kutworksinc

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2018
    slidell, La
    Sportsmans warehouse has the 5.25 XDM in .40 for sale for 399. Thinking about it picking it up since its on such a huge sale.

Looking for some reviews before I go pick it up.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I have the XDs in .45 Cal. No problems at all. Runs like a champ! I think you will like it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I bought a 5.25 in 9mm. I would have bought the 40, and a 9mm conversion barrel, but from what I've read you can't go back and fourth without modifying or replacing the extractor.

I ran a CZ P10C for 6 months in USPSA and switched to the XDM because of its long range capabilities, and the fiber optic sight. I put a Powder River Precession reduced power spring kit ($11) in it that brought the trigger pull from 6 to 5 lbs. I do miss the short trigger reset and the easy mag changes (beveled corners) on the P10C. I'll run it 6 months and see if a bond develops like it did with the CZ.
    Its my favorite pistol to shoot one handed because of the thumb groove, but I have inadvertently locked the slide with two hands.

It failed to cycle a couple of times in the 1st 300 rounds which I figure was long slide break in and cheap target loads. Its my first experience with a 5.25. My sub-compact, and a relatives full size XD, both Mod 2s, ran flawless out of the box.

Now I have 5 matches and over 1000 rounds through it and I'm still very pleased with the purchase. If it doesn't remain my competition gun, it will be a great range toy.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I run XDM 5.25 40s in USPSA Production and Limited Division, my wife runs a XDM 5.25 9mm and OSP 9mm in Production division. They run, but have their quirks. Triggers can be from the factory, mushy yucktastic 6-7lbs to the full boat PRP with titanium internals Extreme kit (like we have in a couple of ours) at 2.5lbs with a super short reset. I've also had XD series, also good, but less capacity and ergos aren't as nice as the XDM.

I got my backup pistol from the place you're looking at, but via Gunbroker. Snagged mine for $350+shipping & transfer. They're NOS, mine was a 2014 dated gun. Everything new and good, just an older model that's been sitting on a shelf for a while...that's why they're moving so cheap.

Top Bottom