First Time Back Fillig a Lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I decided to try my hand at back filling an AR lower. It wasn't too difficult. I taped off the area and used a toothpick to put some Testers model paint down. I put a drop of paint thinner on a rag and wiped off the excess. I don't think it turned out too bad. I can see around the logo where the tape was but it doesn't look too bad unless you're right up on it. I put on a second coat but didn't tape it off the second time. I used tape around the lettering and only used one coat. It's grey to match the handguard, pistol brace, and magazines. Grey means 300 BO to distinguish it from ant other caliber.

I've heard of a number of methods, crayon, grease pen, paint pen, nail polish, but I've never tried any of them. Has anyone used this method before? How does it work longterm?

IMG_9188.jpgIMG_9189.JPG

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I may try another one with crayon then. I have a spike's tactical snowflake lower on the way because my daughter likes unicorns. It's unpainted but I know she'd like it colored.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I may try another one with crayon then. I have a spike's tactical snowflake lower on the way because my daughter likes unicorns. It's unpainted but I know she'd like it colored.

Craziest lower I have ever seen. You can always count on Spikes to come up with something "out there". Like the one with bible verses on it.

wsplhuvy1osruvmawh5l.jpg

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    It looks good!

I've only used paint pens and Testors, but never had to redo anything. I use non-acetone nail polish remover, instead of thinner on painted surfaces.

Top Bottom