Cerakote in New Orleans....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I met a guy and his wife at the Kenner Gun Show yesterday who own AK Tactical Coatings Inc.

www.aktacticalcoatings.com/ 504-616-3845

I spoke with them for 15-20 minutes and they seemed like really decent people.

They are located at 3700 Lapalco Blvd in Harvey if anyone is looking for work to be done.

I saw some examples of his work and talked to him about the process and was impressed. His work looks top-notch and he is Cerakote Factory trained and certified.

I plan on bringing him my Rem 700 for coating.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY COMPENSATION FOR THIS POSTING.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Also interested to see if anyone here has used them

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    He did a touch up on a hand guard for me. No problems and highly recommended.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I plan on making a trip to the west bank maybe next weekend to pick something up and hopefully to visit this place. Their website is very well done. I'll report back after my initial visit, and then again after they cerakote something for me.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bumping this thread since I decided to give the a shot.... Met Ronald, seemed like a nice enough guy. I brought 3 rifles with me, and ended up leaving a "pistol" with him. Figured since it wasn't a SBR like the other two, I wouldn't have to live with it if the job didn't come out well.

Decided to go cerakote tungsten on my sig MPX-K.
    ivQPHPZ.jpg

NKacPtW.jpg

So outdoors in the sun, the metallic in the paint really pop and make it look bright, indoors its a lot more muted and the rifle looks darker, like 3 shades darker than say a macbook laptop.

The finish was even, there isn't any runs that I could tell, no nicks or chips, all the parts came back with the gun also. The price was fair for local and overall it should be a more durable coating that most factory coatings. I took the gun apart to clean, and was glad to see EVERYTHING was painted evenly including inside the magwell and where the trigger housing is. They didn't lay it on so thick that it effects the pins etc. I plan to come back and try Noveske Bazooka Green on my 9mm AR SBR.

So there you go fellas, a real world review with pics of the end product. Like the OP, I have ZERO affiliation with this company, I've been having a color "itch" since I own so many black rifles, and wanted to give someone local a try. For those who know me, you're more than welcome to come check out the work anytime.

Last edited:

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    They did my Sphinx in Titanium Blue. I could scratch the factory Cerakote off with my fingernail, but the work AK did is much stronger. I suspect the factory finish wasnt done properly.

Pic is in their gallery
    20190223_185315-1024x721.jpg

Top Bottom