What went down at MCTA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadowblade232

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 27, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    Was looking up the addresses to local ranges and noticed MCTA's google reviews were tanking. Tons of 1 star reviews about some group being banned recently. Any range owners and/or customers on here want to share?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I read lots of the one star reviews. Jus a guess but it sounds like a libtard hit-job. Probably a bunch of crap starters showed up with the intent of getting run off the started screaming racism. Just another page out of the left playbook. This will probably be happening soon to a range near you. I’ve only had good experiences there. It’s more of a big boy range not a good old boy range. Maybe they just need someone standing over their shoulder spoon feeding them while the finger paint in their safe place.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    MCTA posted about it on their facebook page.

MCTA Shooting Range Has A Run-In With Antifa

"Today MCTA Shooting Range & School had the misfortune of JBGC (John brown gun club) show up at our range under false pretense.

For those that do not know, JBGC is the militant faction of ANTIFA.

They scheduled a week ahead of time as a wedding party of 75 that were supposed to arrive at 1300. They, however, did not show up until 1550. After filling out release forms, they preceded to gear up in full gear, vest, and gun belt and red bandanas. It was not until then Thom realized who they were and what they were.

Since they only had 30 minutes to shoot until close, Thom let them shoot. Rather than potentially escalating the issue.

The silver lining in this is that we identified 3 walk-on individuals that are regulars, that have never let on what they are.

MCTA does not welcome these terrorists and those individuals are never welcome on our range ever. This is a formal warning. We will not tolerate terrorist organizations and will call LE at first sight as this is you are NOT WELCOME WARNING."

http://www.trevorloudon.com/2018/09/mcta-shooting-range-has-a-run-in-with-antifa/

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    That's very unfortunate. Mike, Thom et. al. are very cordial, professional and open to all walks of life that are not terroristic organizations. MCTA is a great place to train and/or just enjoy shooting sports. The freedom and responsibility that one has there that enables effective, realistic training is unlike most other places I have seen throughout the country. I miss the place.

shadowblade232

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 27, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    Damn, didn't know we had those types in this area. Good on the range for standing their ground. I've never been personally, but I've only heard good things from local friends.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    We run our 3-Gun matches there and Thom, Mike and Frank are super friendly and very accommodating. It is unfortunate that those JBGC folks showed up (under false pretenses). I was always under the impression you left a review after you had visited a place. Business must be great at MCTA if all those reviewers actually went there and paid their $10. Smear job if I have ever seen one!

mperr7530

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Gonzales, LA
    I got a family membership to MCTA and to echo what has already been said, Thom, Mike, and co. are a great group. I really enjoy shooting there and hope these sort of incidents do not negatively impact the longevity of their business (and range).

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    I'm also a member and couldn't be prouder that Thom and Mike held to their beliefs .
    I plan to extend my membership in the next few weeks . I'm fairly certain they took an oath to defend against enemies both foreign and domestic . That's what they did , they don't allow malitia groups . They're standing by their policy and it caused an epic snowflake meltdown .
    I spent hrs reading the Facebook comments .

You see this **** on the news up north , but I never actually realized how many open communist they have up there .
    It's eye opening for sure .

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I was there shooting a day before this went down. John Brown gun club booked under a fake wedding party. MCTA posted about it on Facebook later that day. The post was shared on Reddit /liberalgunowners which is infested with antifa scumbags. People that had nothing to do with this came flooding in on Facebook and Google with fake comments and 1 star reviews.

Members of this group has also posted pictures of themselves at honey island. I just hope they didn't get their hands on that lost pistol case recently.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Who knows anything...
    5a742ce617e16d387d7fafa7aaf58064.jpg

Dumbasses that go around looking for trouble eventually find more than they can handle. They’re welcome at my range anytime. I just hope for their sake they pay heed to the no trespassing signs.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I cannot help but wonder what makes these snot-nosed douchebags think they are ready to take to the streets against REAL Americans?

When I see news footage of them (masked and unmasked), I see witless idiots that couldn't hold their own in a rational debate much less a street fight with a 6 foot 225 lb. steelworker.

I understand that the corrupt news media in this country are hoping and praying that flyover Americans start beating the crap out of these {incert name here} at these protests, and I am pleased that most of us have kept our cool around this garbage, but one day these clowns are in for a very rude and crude awakening.

Last edited by a moderator:

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I have a job for them!

I'll know who they are when I see them for sure.

That ball of hair on top of their head is the control nob for a B.J.
    As a Chinese from an actual Communist country, I wish these communist cosplayers would have the balls to protest in a communist country.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am SO confused.. who is the JBGC and where is the MCTA? where have I been ? Got it, I read up.. Consider me educated!

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm confused. I know the story, and even support MCTA for not evicting them. (I can't decide if I want them in a course with me or not though.)

What has me confused is how they stand on the 2nd amendment. They're shooters so they're pro-gun? Or are they liberals and want to take our 2A rights away? Or more likely they think they're special and will keep their 2A rights when we lose ours?
    And, do we make friends with them as just confused brother shooters and show them the error of their ways? Or do handle it in less friendly terms?

(BTW, I'm hearing that the protests that happened a few years ago only happened in blue cities because they were completely choreographed and staged. The number and types of arrests were pre-decided, what mischief was going to happen, etc. and that the organizers controlled the crowds and made sure that only those crimes happened. So the chances of the Antifa thugs getting let lose couldn't happen. Which considering how badly they are currently outnumbered and outarmed is probably a good idea on their part.)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom