What went down at MCTA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadowblade232

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 27, 2017
    New Orleans, LA
    What has me confused is how they stand on the 2nd amendment. They're shooters so they're pro-gun? Or are they liberals and want to take our 2A rights away? Or more likely they think they're special and will keep their 2A rights when we lose ours?
    And, do we make friends with them as just confused brother shooters and show them the error of their ways? Or do handle it in less friendly terms?

I might catch a little flak for this but nothing is truly black & white. I have several socially liberal friends (pro-choice, pro-immigration, etc.) who are also pro-gun. If anything they're center left, maybe libertarian if we want to put them in a bucket.

My general take on those I consider "friends" - if you're pro-gun and willing to meet in the middle somewhere on other things, we can work it out. Bipartisanship and all that jazz (note: these people are rare these days with people just jumping on political bandwagons without much critical thought on individual issues).

Now true leftists, the ones who are making all the noise on mainstream and social media - the ones who abhor the fact that guns are a thing, despise individual liberty and pretty much hate America. They can go jump in a lake :madfawk:

EDIT: I might add that these antifa-types can also go fck themselves. Nothing but a bunch of America-hating, peace-killing hoodlums.

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Was looking up the addresses to local ranges and noticed MCTA's google reviews were tanking. Tons of 1 star reviews about some group being banned recently. Any range owners and/or customers on here want to share?

Yeah, the John Brown Gun Club funneled people there for bad reviews online after a run in with the owner's. They sched. a club group shoot under false pretense and then was late on top of all that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did they do anything wrong while shooting? I’m confused on what they actually did wrong while at the range?

They didn't arrive on time so they were bad customers to begin with. And they booked the reservation under false pretenses, hiding their identities until they showed up. While not illegal, that suggests they know they have an ideology that they know is not acceptable to the public. While at the range, they trained for what could be described, based on their stated ideas on their website, as illegal activities. It would be akin to ISIS coming to the range. Even if they were model customers, would the range be right to deny them access to the range's training opportunities knowing the training could lead to illegal actions?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    They didn't arrive on time so they were bad customers to begin with. And they booked the reservation under false pretenses, hiding their identities until they showed up. While not illegal, that suggests they know they have an ideology that they know is not acceptable to the public. While at the range, they trained for what could be described, based on their stated ideas on their website, as illegal activities. It would be akin to ISIS coming to the range. Even if they were model customers, would the range be right to deny them access to the range's training opportunities knowing the training could lead to illegal actions?

Got ya.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Did they do anything wrong while shooting? I’m confused on what they actually did wrong while at the range?

They were even allowed to shoot for the remaining 30 min that they were open .
    And I believe he even allowed them to go a little past that .
    After that he took to Facebook and said they weren't allowed back , apparently a few were members , they are also not allowed back .
    It's private property , they don't allow malitia groups , that's exactly what this club is .

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Honey Island? Pulled this from FB

Attachments

• honey island.png
      honey island.png
      11.5 KB · Views: 254

dtrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Metarie, LA
    I'm not sure the bad reviews online are extremely worrisome. It seems everyone that is already familiar MCTA likes them and they would probably also spread this through word of mouth, which I think is most important. So I would think the "community" will not be swayed by all the downvoting.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The choice of guns and gear says it all. "The most advanced technology that Tapco has to offer. When you must compensate for lack of substance, accept no substitute!"

Unfortunately, crap gear still sends bullets towards us most of the time. Maybe he's aiming at the guy next to you when it hits you but...

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I went to mcta 2 or 3 months ago and I enjoyed the experience. Every week end I want to go back but I just have not had time to drive out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom