I need a pistol scope ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    For some reason I have decided to start playing around with my Colt Python. I've always hated wheel guns, so I'm gonna try to like it. The factory hardwood grips are uncomfy. I just ordered Pacmyer grips and a scope mount. What's a entry level scope that would be ok on a 357 magnum with 4 inch barrel? I have no idea what I'm getting Into. Pics of your set up would help alot. I ordered a stainless no drill mount. I guess I'd rather a scope that matches the nickle finish. Help !?!?!?!

gemihur

Newbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    Leupold M8-2X is one that has served me well.
    4X on a handgun shows how unsteady I am.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    You hate wheel guns and yet own a Python.

I'm confused.

I'm 43. This is the first wheel gun I've ever owned. It was part of a package deal I bought 6 months ago in Texas. Only other revolvers I ever shot were my Dads service revolver. Just want for me. I've shot the python a few times. Just want to see what it will do scooped.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm 43. This is the first wheel gun I've ever owned. It was part of a package deal I bought 6 months ago in Texas. Only other revolvers I ever shot were my Dads service revolver. Just want for me. I've shot the python a few times. Just want to see what it will do scooped.

Well you own probably the best production revolver ever manufactured. I owned a couple of them in a previous life. I'd pass it on to my son/daughter if i was you.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I thought I was making progress. The new Pacmyer grips feel great. But the scope mount doesnt fit. Says it's for a Diamondback or Python. Seems to be about 1/4 inch too short. Dont know if I should mill the tabs on the mount? Or shop around for a new mount. Seller has a no return policy.

Top Bottom