Don't Put That Mattress there

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Judges typically set bail at whatever they want but often consider the risk of flight as well as the severity of the crime and even what the DA asks. I got a feeling the judge knows that those two ain’t going nowhere... I mean, just look at ‘em...gosh dang.

I hear ya, Mag. But that's like a MASSIVE difference. And the older guy (Wayne Higgins age 78) who shot Martin isn't likely to just fall off the map. I think who you murder plays a part too. And who you know maybe too.

Like Mike said, these mattress clowns should have just disengaged and gone home. And everybody would still be alive.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Read today that they were re-arrested(too low of bond) with bond placed at $250k each.
    What was not shown in the video was what prompted the father to shoot. He shot when Howard raised his arm with the bat. Then the bat was thrown apparently hitting the father in the side which resulted in the son shooting and the father shooting again.
    https://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2018-09-21/abilene-police-chief-releases-more-information-murder-caught-video
    On September 1, 2018, the Abilene Police Department began investigating a shooting in the alley behind the 4300 block of Don Juan. It was determined that John Miller and Michael Miller discharged firearms at Aaron Howard after engaging in an argument about the placement of a box spring in the alley, killing him. When the first shots were fired, Aaron had a bat in his hand and was approximately seven feet from John Miller, who was the closest to him. When Michael Miller discharged his shotgun and John Miller fired the final two rounds from his pistol, Aaron Howard was unarmed. Both the Millers admitted to shooting Howard, who died after being transported to Hendrick Medical Center. Aaron Howard’s wife/girlfriend, Kara Box, recorded the incident on her cellphone and Detective Jordan Brown reviewed this video. He believes it is apparent from the video, combined with the interviews of the Millers, that they were tired of their neighbor, Aaron Howard, acting out and yelling and threatening them verbally. They brought out firearms during this argument and both Millers stood in the alley as Aaron Howard got more and more upset. As soon as he raised the bat while approximately seven or more feet away from John, John shot him.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Something else that may be considered in this, but doubtful, is Howards record. 29 arrests and 69 charges, in which had assaults, harassment, and retaliation included. The guy was 6'6" and 225+ pounds. That's a pretty big dude. He could have smashed them without a bat.
    https://arrestfacts.com/ng/control/Aaron-Howard-5U2k54

[url]https://arrestfacts.com/Aaron-Howard-5U2k54

[/URL]

Yes, on FB this morning somebody had posted at least a dozen booking photos for Howard. He has anger issues and takes meds. He admitted this on FB in previous posts. Still doesn't excuse the old man and son from opening up on him, but clearly on the video Howard has a big mouth and an angry temper. Facing two men with firearms he just keeps talking sh*t and making threats.

Aaron Howard's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/kristopher.robinson2

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Known anger-issue guy goes dumping something you don't think he should dump? "The hell he ain't! Back me up, Junior, I'm puttin' a stop to this sh!t right now!"

Two obvious idiots confront you with guns over trash dumping? "Fu@k 9-1-1, I'ma stand my ground! 'Murica!"

Rapid escalation of confrontation between violence-prone hubby and two armed (and unfortunately shirtless) morons? "If only my 'camera' had the capabilities of a 'phone,' I could call the police!"

Right now there is a tornado somewhere just itching to blow through this trailer park!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Known anger-issue guy goes dumping something you don't think he should dump? "The hell he ain't! Back me up, Junior, I'm puttin' a stop to this sh!t right now!"

Two obvious idiots confront you with guns over trash dumping? "Fu@k 9-1-1, I'ma stand my ground! 'Murica!"

Rapid escalation of confrontation between violence-prone hubby and two armed (and unfortunately shirtless) morons? "If only my 'camera' had the capabilities of a 'phone,' I could call the police!"

Right now there is a tornado somewhere just itching to blow through this trailer park!

My thoughts exactly. Those fk'n hillbillies are an embarrassment to gun owners everywhere. More fuel for the liberal anti-gun fire.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Something else that may be considered in this, but doubtful, is Howards record. 29 arrests and 69 charges, in which had assaults, harassment, and retaliation included. The guy was 6'6" and 225+ pounds. That's a pretty big dude. He could have smashed them without a bat.
    https://arrestfacts.com/ng/control/Aaron-Howard-5U2k54

[url]https://arrestfacts.com/Aaron-Howard-5U2k54

[/URL]

This many arrests concerning physical altercations and threats means this guy was mentally unstable. If he is on prescribed medication (for his issues), then he will be portrayed as a person with a mental illness. Something tells me that these three have a long and inconvenient relationship prior to this finale'.

Having guns on your person does not show intent to cause harm. But having a mentally unstable person with a track record of abusive behavioral traits and arrests for the like, promising that he will kill you doesn't bode well for any situation.

If the wife knows of his issues, than she was either turning a blind eye to it, or was afraid of being on the wrong end of his temper. Filming your husband threatening to kill two people with guns is less than the right thing to do at the time.

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    a convention of Idiots; i have a neighbor who comes Around The Corner to dump his Yard trash on my lot(5 yrs running)so his little woman don t got to look at Her own trash! My self-worth is supposed to be diminished, by his actions, I guess.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    More than enough ignorance to go aroun on this on. If you watch the video frame by frame looks like shirtless was hit by what looked either to be a bat or a piece of wood. Big guy was popped in the melon. De-escalation would have been the best option but if big boy struck a man holding a gun with a bat.... don’t bring a bat to a gun fight.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    More than enough ignorance to go aroun on this on. If you watch the video frame by frame looks like shirtless was hit by what looked either to be a bat or a piece of wood. Big guy was popped in the melon. De-escalation would have been the best option but if big boy struck a man holding a gun with a bat.... don’t bring a bat to a gun fight.

For me, this shows the importance of my need to de-escalate and remove myself from a bad situation. Here a guy with a bat is intensely threatening another person who is obviously armed with a firearm and another guy with a shotgun. There are unstable people out there.

What the hell is wrong with people?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's a stupid situation to begin with that both parties should have just walked away from. Arguing with a guy with a gun who has made it clear that he will shoot you is stupid. Being the guy with the gun and threatening to shoot the guy is stupid. Walking away and calling the cops (if needed) would have saved all involved a big headache.

firemanwade

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The problem these two idiots have is that they made a choice to go outside with firearms to confront their neighbor over trash. Since they knew that this guy was prone to violence they escalated the situation with their actions. Stand you ground does not apply when you brandish a weapon. You are the aggressor at that point. Hot head should have went back inside and called the cops and with the video Dipshit 1 and his son would have went to jail. They will spend a long time in jail, rightly so. Self Defense only applies when you defend yourself. Knowingly going into a situation you know to be dangerous with your gun out takes your defense away.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Yes, on FB this morning somebody had posted at least a dozen booking photos for Howard. He has anger issues and takes meds. He admitted this on FB in previous posts. Still doesn't excuse the old man and son from opening up on him, but clearly on the video Howard has a big mouth and an angry temper. Facing two men with firearms he just keeps talking sh*t and making threats.

Aaron Howard's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/kristopher.robinson2

Some pretty hard & steady trolling on the dead guys FB page.

Top Bottom