Don't Put That Mattress there

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    From what I can see it looks like he assaulted him with a bat or threw a board at him or something similar before firing a shot. Son with the shotgun may be in some trouble depends on how crafty the lawyers are with that one. The dad was assaulted, probable justified. Son backing up dad, If I were prosecutor I'd argue the fathers shot likely stopped the assault, so the shotgun blast was unnecessary, and that will probably stick him for manslaughter. Be interesting to see how it plays out in court, Definitely one I want to follow to add to the CHP classes.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This case has nothing to do with Stand Your Ground. Stand Your Ground just means that you don't have to prove that you tried to retreat before using deadly force. In this case, everyone should have just gone home.

These guys will rot in prison, and I'm not sure that I feel all that bad about this.

Mike

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This case has nothing to do with Stand Your Ground. Stand Your Ground just means that you don't have to prove that you tried to retreat before using deadly force. In this case, everyone should have just gone home.

These guys will rot in prison, and I'm not sure that I feel all that bad about this.

Mike

I agree, stupid beyond stupid ran into stupid and by chance there was only one fatality.
    Had dead stupid and the wife simply walked back inside and called the law, fat daddy and jr stupid would likely have taken a ride to jail or the morgue.
    All in all, I believe Charles Darwin was a kook...but ya gotta admit, he got a couple things right.

Last edited:

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    From what I can see it looks like he assaulted him with a bat or threw a board at him or something similar before firing a shot. Son with the shotgun may be in some trouble depends on how crafty the lawyers are with that one. The dad was assaulted, probable justified. Son backing up dad, If I were prosecutor I'd argue the fathers shot likely stopped the assault, so the shotgun blast was unnecessary, and that will probably stick him for manslaughter. Be interesting to see how it plays out in court, Definitely one I want to follow to add to the CHP classes.

Unless I'm missing something it looks like Daddy Dumbass fired a couple of shots before Swollen Nuts threw a bat at him.
    Earlier on Junior Dumbass clearly leveled the shotgun at the camera (wife). They're going away for a long time.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yes they are going away. Both of them. It doesn’t matter if dead stupid threw a bat or not. The two gun toters brought weapons onto a public area and threatened someone for taking out his garbage. Had dead stupid been legally carrying a concealed firearm, he’d have been within his rights to take cover and shoot until the others 2 retreated or fell. Think about it.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

He threw that bat at the old man after the old man shot him twice. Watch the video.

Idiots all around.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

For what? Is the lesson going to be: "See everyone in this film? Don't do anything these dumbasses are doing."

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Mike

You know what I cannot understand? These two guys are out on 25k bond, yet the guy who shot Lee Martin (the LSU superfan) in his driveway in Metairie is out on 500k bond. Both charged with murder cases, one in TX and one in LA. Doesn't make any sense.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You know what I cannot understand? These two guys are out on 25k bond, yet the guy who shot Lee Martin (the LSU superfan) in his driveway in Metairie is out on 500k bond. Both charged with murder cases, one in TX and one in LA. Doesn't make any sense.
    Judges typically set bail at whatever they want but often consider the risk of flight as well as the severity of the crime and even what the DA asks. I got a feeling the judge knows that those two ain’t going nowhere... I mean, just look at ‘em...gosh dang.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom