Having Cajucan Here Tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Cajun flavors mixed with Mexican. Grilled some boudin and spicy seasoned boneless pork loin for tacos and refried beans. I made a black bean and corn salsa for the tacos and for eating with chips as well.

Boudin instead of yellow/Spanish rice.

44026131975_fb06c373cd_b.jpg

Pork was diced up for the tacos.

44938523471_377be754a4_b.jpg

44026130085_20060856bb_b.jpg

30001437327_108dbf9020_b.jpg

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    It was pretty damn good! The boudin was jalapeno/pepperjack cheese from Kartchner's and the spiciness was perfect for the bland but tasty refried beans. Much better than regular Spanish rice. The black bean and corn salsa was just as good and perfect for the diced spicy pork with the sour cream and cilantro.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It was pretty damn good! The boudin was jalapeno/pepperjack cheese from Kartchner's and the spiciness was perfect for the bland but tasty refried beans. Much better than regular Spanish rice. The black bean and corn salsa was just as good and perfect for the diced spicy pork with the sour cream and cilantro.

Kartchners fro your area or krotz springs? There’s one (same name at least) at the foot of the atchafalaya bridge that makes awesome smoked boudin.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    The one in Krotz Springs.
    Coming up soon I'll be making a drive there to get some stuff to bring up to Cane Lake for a guy's weekend of fishing toward the end of October. Not sure I'll have time then so I'll get it and Foodsaver it and freeze for that weekend. I want to get some hog's head cheese but I don't want to freeze that. Got to get some andouille and tasso for a pheasant, dove and andouille gumbo we'll be making or at least plan to.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Jerry lees in Baton Rouge is the place around here to get hog head cheese. The boudin is also the best around. But I do love the smoked one from kartchners. I stop there every chance I get.

Top Bottom