Aguila Ammunition- Whats Wrong With It?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Ammo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have shot their 115gr 9mm ammo and really like it. I have even shot matches with no issues.

I've never shot in any matches but I know people who do can be very particular with their rounds. I'm glad to hear that there are a few of you guys who have good experience with it. I've never shot their 9mm... Their 45ACP was specifically what I was talking about when I mentioned it was dirty. I have a ton of that stuff too.

I really appreciate all your guys' feedback!

hebertjb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2015
    Gueydan Louisiana
    I've shot many thousands of rounds of Aguila in a variety of offerings and find it to be very high quality. I order 5,000 round cases and have never been disappointed. It compares favoribly with CCI and Federal Match in reliability and burns clean compared to the majority of bulk ammo.
    e278baa6a2e0982f63e8a3005ab8025c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    How does the Aguila standard velocity cycle plain old Ruger pistols. Having shot standard and match in mine as well as cases of standard in my Colt Ace in federal and other brands just wonder if it will do the same

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    I like it for range training and I buy a bunch of it (9mm brass), but I’m getting it for $.16 rd shipped so when it’s that price I buy as much as I can afford. Now if only I can get the .223 for the same price as I’m buying wolf gold $.26 rd shipped, I’d be buying that also.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Aguila subsonic 22 has a muzzle velocity of 1025 fps. The standard velocity has a muzzle velocity of 1130 fps. Both are 40 gr. How much louder is the standard velocity than the subsonic? Is that small velocity enough to make a big difference out of a pistol and a rifle, both suppressed?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Aguila subsonic 22 has a muzzle velocity of 1025 fps. The standard velocity has a muzzle velocity of 1130 fps. Both are 40 gr. How much louder is the standard velocity than the subsonic? Is that small velocity enough to make a big difference out of a pistol and a rifle, both suppressed?

Speed of sound is 1125 fps. If you exceed it, you get the crack/sonic boom. And that crack is loud out of a suppressed 22 LR rifle.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here is a good video indicating just how loud the sonic crack (22LR) is with a suppressor:

Speed of sound varies with altitude and temperature and other factors. In the video, there was almost no difference in sound between the standard velocity and the subsonic. So I guess the answer to my question is the small velocity difference does not have a big impact on the sound through a suppressor.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Speed of sound varies with altitude and temperature and other factors. In the video, there was almost no difference in sound between the standard velocity and the subsonic. So I guess the answer to my question is the small velocity difference does not have a big impact on the sound through a suppressor.

You must be listening via ur phone because on my desktop with excellent speakers there is no mistaking the sonic crack of a supersonic round fired thru a suppressor in the video. And I have heard the same in person. A .22 LR supersonic round and a subsonic round thru a suppressor equipped rifle is like night and day.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You must be listening via ur phone because on my desktop with excellent speakers there is no mistaking the sonic crack of a supersonic round fired thru a suppressor in the video. And I have heard the same in person. A .22 LR supersonic round and a subsonic round thru a suppressor equipped rifle is like night and day.

Not on a phone. On a laptop with external speakers. The high velocity (shot 1) was noticably louder. The other three were were pretty close. I watched the video several times. Every time and with both silencers, the result was the same: shot 1 was the loudest and shots 2, 3, and 4 sounded the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

I can tell you that out of the hundreds of rounds of this stuff I have shot in my bolt and semi rifles, it does not crack.
    It damn sure would not be super sonic in a pistol.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Bingo. Temp and altitude above sea level does play a factor.

First round pop. Dead air mask is the only rimfire can I have shot that does not have it

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It damn sure would not be super sonic in a pistol.
    This^^^
    Widely accepted down in these parts, the sound barrier seems to be right around the 1150 mark. At least that’s what my chronometer tells me.
    I shoot whatever in the advertised 1200fps and under velocity from my pistols when suppressed and they usually top out at just under 1000fps from 3.5-6 inch barrels. Sending hundreds of rounds past a chrony, I can tell you that most .22 pistols will shave more than 200fps off of advertised velocity. You can tell a little difference in signature but none of it sounds like a gunshot by any means.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bingo. Temp and altitude above sea level does play a factor.

First round pop. Dead air mask is the only rimfire can I have shot that does not have it
    WD-40 with the red flip up straw is standard equipment before I screw on a suppressor. A 1-2 second blast while backing the straw out of the can, then knock it against my hand a few times before it goes on the muzzle. Makes a little smoke but I like the smell. The innards clean up better and the gun runs quieter, no more first shot pop. Does anyone here not run their suppressor wet?

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    WD-40 with the red flip up straw is standard equipment before I screw on a suppressor. A 1-2 second blast while backing the straw out of the can, then knock it against my hand a few times before it goes on the muzzle. Makes a little smoke but I like the smell. The innards clean up better and the gun runs quieter, no more first shot pop. Does anyone here not run their suppressor wet?

No need when you have a Deadair Mask. Lol

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    You gentleman need to run by the Carencro gun show this weekend
    These guys will make you a pretty nice deal on ammo!

b8de4b08df6bd212fcbb8b9da7bff724.png

This was the deal that I was referring too.
    5k rounds of this 40gr standard velocity for $154
    Please tell me where to find it cheaper.

Top Bottom