SOLD: S&W Performance Center 460 XVR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    OVERVIEW

We all grew up hearing the phrase, "Faster than a speeding bullet...," but not when it is fired from Smith & Wesson's new Model 460XVR, with the highest muzzle velocity of any production revolver on earth. The Model 460XVR is so revolutionary that it required an entirely new designation...XVR, X-treme Velocity Revolver.

Starting with their Extra Large Frame, the Smith & Wesson engineers worked to deliver maximum velocity - over 2,300 feet per second - to reach the target faster than ever before. The 460XVR™ has interchangeable compensators to accommodate every load and its "gain-twist" rifled barrel means superb long-range accuracy (beyond 200 yards) with every shot! Only Smith & Wesson could deliver this much power, this much velocity and this much accuracy in a precision, production revolver.

Features
    • Removable, interchangeable compensator
    The highest velocity revolver in the world - 2330 FPS/200 grain!
    The most powerful .45 caliber revolver in the world - 2400 lbs/ft!
    • If you zero its sights at 200 yards you will bag your buck with a center hold 0-250 yards with no hold over! Just center it and fire. The 460XVR will do the rest
    • Gain twist rifled barrel for superb accuracy
    • Lighter loads that the 460 will also fire include .45 Colt and .454 Casull
    • Incredibly low perceived recoil for all loads

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

I have the original box which is about the size of a suitcase. Also have some reloading items. 460 Hornady die set, New Starline brass, Hornady 452 XTP 240 gr projectiles, some factory ammo and some reloads. I have a 464 Casul die set but I use that for 45LC. Might throw that in too. I'll get pics of everything else up tomorrow. I've shot probably 2 or 3 cylinders of each caliber (except 45 Scofield) so it's practically new. This thing is an absolute beast but it's surprisingly forgiving to shoot. My Single Six has more recoil than the 460 loaded with 45LC. 454 Casul is about like the GP100 it's pictured with. 460 Mag rounds do let you know they're there, but hey, if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

Asking $1200 for everything.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom