Steel Cased Ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If your guns eat it then feed them. Most modern weapons have no issues. I step on a ton of it every time I take a class. Some mine but lots of others obviously use it too. Brass, steel, or aluminum you should be cleaning your guns anyway so go for it. Just my opinion.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My AK’s SKS and Moisin all get nothing but steel case surplus. Past that I’m not a fan of steel case for reasons other than just because it’s steel. I can’t deal with the lacquer coating for one. I’m also one of those rare shooters that have actually had breakages or other problems directly related to steel cases so it’s not worth any savings to me.
    I have been an avid shooter of aluminum cased ammo, however. I still have thousands of rounds of 9mm, .40 S&W and even .44 mag and continue to buy and shoot it with great success. There are reasons for ammo cases being made from metals softer than steel. That being said, I’m not one to stand between a shooter and their steel cased ammo. Shoot all you want. The only time I’ve ever objected was when someone asked to shoot one of my AR’s at a gathering and showed up to the line with a few mags full of Tula or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom