Laugo Arms Alien Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    It certainly looks like it would feel very good in the hand. Get it! And then invite me to the range to shoot it. Haha. Why did you let your P7 go?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    That is very interesting, on two aspects. The super low bore, and the ability to switch from iron sights to a red dot in seconds. Could very well be a game changer, just have to wait from them to make their way to the USA.

As mentioned in the article, Laugo Arms designed the Scorpion and sold the rights to CZ. Maybe/hopefully CZ will do the same with this pistol design.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If you do FB, Laugo Arms has a page and they have video of the trigger pull and super short reset of the Alien. And more pics. Oh yeah, this is going to be a game changer pistol for sure if/when it makes its way to the USA.

https://www.facebook.com/LaugoArms/

And a shooting video on youtube:

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I like it. I think it would be a nice USPSA gun. I wonder how it will fall in the clasification categories. It gives you the benefits of an open gun but it seems to fall within production gun stats. The small video they had showed almost no muzzle rise which is comparable to the open gun I test drove at a match one time.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I like it. I think it would be a nice USPSA gun. I wonder how it will fall in the clasification categories. It gives you the benefits of an open gun but it seems to fall within production gun stats. The small video they had showed almost no muzzle rise which is comparable to the open gun I test drove at a match one time.

Yes that is what I meant by game changer, a game changer in competition pistol shooting mainly. Less muzzle flip and faster back on target, especially in the hands of a well experienced competitor. Production classes, look out.
    And a benefit to any shooter really, be it target or defense. Everybody desires a semi auto pistol with less muzzle flip.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Gotcha. If it comes out at a decent price point I think I would be all over it. If it is as much of a game changer as it looks all the race gun makers better watch out.

If they do go for sale here I hope they come with a threaded barrel version I would love to put a can on that thing and play. Now that I think about it the can probably wouldn't even impede the sight view and would negate the need for taller sights. What a win-win for a gun. Dammit now I really want one.

Found an even better video of the low muzzle rise.

http://www.recoilweb.com/alien-pistol-from-laugo-arms-in-9mm-teased-138810.html

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I saw some chatter that said they are looking at STI level pricing which would probably put it out of my reach. Hopefully, they hit a lower price point in reality because if it is too high only the open guys will get them and that is only if they want to ditch their >$2k guns they already have for a new one.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I saw some chatter that said they are looking at STI level pricing which would probably put it out of my reach. Hopefully, they hit a lower price point in reality because if it is too high only the open guys will get them and that is only if they want to ditch their >$2k guns they already have for a new one.

Yes, STI price levels would be out of my realm too. Lets hope maybe 1 to 1.5k tops might prevail. Compete with the CZ S2 or Tanfoglios sort of thing.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Here is a more detailed video, to whet your appetite. Quite interesting, the Alien is hammer fired not striker fired, an internal hammer. Oh yeah, I can see them commanding 2k plus for this, and people will gladly pay it.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Here is a more detailed video, to whet your appetite. Quite interesting, the Alien is hammer fired not striker fired, an internal hammer. Oh yeah, I can see them commanding 2k plus for this, and people will gladly pay it.

An inverted internal hammer. Yooooo.... You crazy for this one, G.

My only question is who the heck looked at a CZ and went, "Nah bro that slide is way too big."

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    I may be wrong but does the slide design remind you of the 44 auto mag? Or am I thinking of another pistol. Unfortunately will more than likely be outside of my price range.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Forgot I hadn't looked for news on this lately so did a Google search and they finally released a price for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are sitting down...........$5K for a limited edition pistol package. Only 500 will be made. Not sure if that is all they are making or if this is just an initial run of the pistol.

I was totally interested and then all of a sudden it died a quick and horrible death. Once you factor in the inflated cost for the accessories in the package it looks like the pistol is running about 3K. So many pistols I can buy with that kind of cash which seems to be the prevailing opinion on the FaceCrap page. Well I guess time will tell if they do a mass production run and bring the cost down or if it will be a boutique pistol that only 500 people will have.

Guess i should be happy I picked up that 9mm M&P 2.0 FS Suppressor ready pistol for ~$420 the other day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom