Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Cool Laugo Arms Alien Pistol

Since I love my CZ pistols and miss my P7..another low bore axis pistol has peaked my interest. Check it.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-alien-pistol/
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It certainly looks like it would feel very good in the hand. Get it! And then invite me to the range to shoot it. Haha. Why did you let your P7 go?
    Stephen WhoDat
    God Bless Our Troops!

Shooter

User Info Menu

That is very interesting, on two aspects. The super low bore, and the ability to switch from iron sights to a red dot in seconds. Could very well be a game changer, just have to wait from them to make their way to the USA.

As mentioned in the article, Laugo Arms designed the Scorpion and sold the rights to CZ. Maybe/hopefully CZ will do the same with this pistol design.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Shooter

User Info Menu

If you do FB, Laugo Arms has a page and they have video of the trigger pull and super short reset of the Alien. And more pics. Oh yeah, this is going to be a game changer pistol for sure if/when it makes its way to the USA.

https://www.facebook.com/LaugoArms/

And a shooting video on youtube:
    Last edited by John_; October 4th, 2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added video
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like it. I think it would be a nice USPSA gun. I wonder how it will fall in the clasification categories. It gives you the benefits of an open gun but it seems to fall within production gun stats. The small video they had showed almost no muzzle rise which is comparable to the open gun I test drove at a match one time.

User Info Menu

If I make 1 and 10 mm I'll be all over it.

- - - Updated - - -

If they make 1 in 10 mm I'll be all over it.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    I like it. I think it would be a nice USPSA gun. I wonder how it will fall in the clasification categories. It gives you the benefits of an open gun but it seems to fall within production gun stats. The small video they had showed almost no muzzle rise which is comparable to the open gun I test drove at a match one time.
    Yes that is what I meant by game changer, a game changer in competition pistol shooting mainly. Less muzzle flip and faster back on target, especially in the hands of a well experienced competitor. Production classes, look out.
    And a benefit to any shooter really, be it target or defense. Everybody desires a semi auto pistol with less muzzle flip.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Gotcha. If it comes out at a decent price point I think I would be all over it. If it is as much of a game changer as it looks all the race gun makers better watch out.

If they do go for sale here I hope they come with a threaded barrel version I would love to put a can on that thing and play. Now that I think about it the can probably wouldn't even impede the sight view and would negate the need for taller sights. What a win-win for a gun. Dammit now I really want one.

Found an even better video of the low muzzle rise.

http://www.recoilweb.com/alien-pisto...ed-138810.html
    Last edited by shrxfn; October 4th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post

Found an even better video of the low muzzle rise.

http://www.recoilweb.com/alien-pisto...ed-138810.html
    Very very little muzzle rise. In those pics on that page it even looks like an Alien

"There was no indication of a US Distributor in any of the comments but Laugo Arms did state that they are aiming for the US Market in 2019."
    Last edited by John_; October 4th, 2018 at 01:33 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I saw some chatter that said they are looking at STI level pricing which would probably put it out of my reach. Hopefully, they hit a lower price point in reality because if it is too high only the open guys will get them and that is only if they want to ditch their >$2k guns they already have for a new one.