WHOA.....this isn't good.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    New Jersey today. Any magazine with a greater than 10 round capacity. Federal court denied a motion to block.

"gun owners will be forced to destroy, surrender or permanently modify their magazines by that Dec. 10 deadline.

Failure to comply with the law is a crime of the 4th degree with a maximum jail time of 18 months and a maximum fine of $10,000"

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...nd-mags-is-constitutional-says-federal-judge/

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sucks to live in a commie state. With the amount of Dems in NOLA, Br and Shreveport, we need to make sure our voice is heard before it happens to us!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From the article:
    *To illustrate, a citizen who owns a gun, thirty rounds of ammunition, and two fifteen-round magazines prior to the LCM law’s enactment will be permitted to retain his gun, ammunition, and three ten-round magazines,* he [Judge Peter Sheridan] continued. *The LCM law restricts the amount of ammunition one magazine can hold.*

I wonder if he realizes he just proved the pointlessness of the law from a public safety perspective.

I wonder if we could reach out to a NJ gun forum and offer to "hold" their standard capacity magazines should they have the need of holding them out of state for a time. I have room to store a few for law abiding citizens in New Jersey. Or, in a worst case scenario, an exchange program could be set up. They send their standard capacity magazines down here and we exchange them for some arbitrarily low capacity magazines. They won't have to destroy or surrender their magazines and buy new ones, creating a small financial burden in order for them to have the ability to defend themselves.

FYI, I hate the term "high capacity" when referring to a standard AR mag. 30 rounds is the standard. It's not high or low. It just is. Being comfortable with labeling it high gives the impression that a magazine with a smaller capacity would be acceptable.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I wonder if we could reach out to a NJ gun forum and offer to "hold" their standard capacity magazines should they have the need of holding them out of state for a time. I have room to store a few for law abiding citizens in New Jersey. Or, in a worst case scenario, an exchange program could be set up. They send their standard capacity magazines down here and we exchange them for some arbitrarily low capacity magazines. They won't have to destroy or surrender their magazines and buy new ones, creating a small financial burden in order for them to have the ability to defend themselves.

What good would that do? When ur denied the right to own/possess ur magazines, and somebody is holding them for you 1100 miles away?

When and if you need them NOW they are 1100 miles away?

And you're going to mail or ship ur magazines to somebody on the internet you don't even know personally?

To keep/store for how long?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What good would that do? When ur denied the right to own/possess ur magazines, and somebody is holding them for you 1100 miles away?

When and if you need them NOW they are 1100 miles away?

And you're going to mail or ship ur magazines to somebody on the internet you don't even know personally?

To keep/store for how long?

Their rights may be restored and you'll get your magazines back. Until then, the magazines would have to be replaced with compliant magazines, hence the 2nd option. The current options are destroy them (no chance of ever getting them back), surrender them (no chance of ever getting them back), shipping them off to store with a stranger (out the cost of postage but a change of getting them back), or exchanging them (out the cost of postage but no other cost to replace). If the exchange/storage is coordinated through partnering websites, there's less of a "risk" to the New Jersey citizens. There's still no guarantee that the people here will do the right thing. But if I had to dispose of all my 30 round magazines, I'd pay for postage if an exchange program were set up. I'd be out $10 but I'd take the chance on getting replacements with no more expense. That chance is much greater than the chance of getting replacements at no more expense if I destroy them or surrender them.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Their rights may be restored and you'll get your magazines back. Until then, the magazines would have to be replaced with compliant magazines, hence the 2nd option. The current options are destroy them (no chance of ever getting them back), surrender them (no chance of ever getting them back), shipping them off to store with a stranger (out the cost of postage but a change of getting them back), or exchanging them (out the cost of postage but no other cost to replace). If the exchange/storage is coordinated through partnering websites, there's less of a "risk" to the New Jersey citizens. There's still no guarantee that the people here will do the right thing. But if I had to dispose of all my 30 round magazines, I'd pay for postage if an exchange program were set up. I'd be out $10 but I'd take the chance on getting replacements with no more expense. That chance is much greater than the chance of getting replacements at no more expense if I destroy them or surrender them.

Yeah, good luck with that, restoration.

I'd pare down to my basic "got to haves" and wrap/seal them in plastic bags, and bury in my yard somewhere. Or maybe bury em in a public park close by in the wee hours of the morning. If you live in a rural area of NJ (if they have such a place, my niece and her hubby live in NJ) it would be easier. I have visited NJ several times to see my relatives but never seen "rural NJ". May not exist.

I'm sure some of those NJ residents will get creative. Some of em ain't gonna play "compliant lambs" easily.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, good luck with that, restoration.

I'd pare down to my basic "got to haves" and wrap/seal them in plastic bags, and bury in my yard somewhere. Or maybe bury em in a public park close by in the wee hours of the morning. If you live in a rural area of NJ (if they have such a place, my niece and her hubby live in NJ) it would be easier. I have visited NJ several times to see my relatives but never seen "rural NJ". May not exist.

I'm sure some of those NJ residents will get creative. Some of em ain't gonna play "compliant lambs" easily.

Yes, that is certainly an option. That would likely be my personal option but I live in the country.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I will not reside in a Communist State.

I honestly don't believe we have to worry about Louisiana turning into a commie state in our lifetime. But ya never know, **** can happen, power corrupts. We have to remain vigilant.

Just like the airstrip on Elmer's Island (project was terminated yesterday) and was supported by governor JBE, LA wildlife and fisheries secretary Jack Montoucet, and the mayor of Grand Isle. Build an airstrip, terminal, and fueling facilities on Elmer's Island, 50 year sanctuary for birds and surf fishing. They were keeping it quiet, til some Audubon/local folks heard about it.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_c2a43296-c809-11e8-ac9e-bb9ab29cf24c.html

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Can we look at another consideration here? Is anyone here surprised at all as to how fast laws like this are taking effect across the nation? Someone mentioned California next? Of course they already almost lead the nation in restrictive gun laws. Does anyone remember the magazine limit in Colorado? (Is Magpul still cooking mags up there?)
    Look at how it’s being done:
    Law gets passed, wham.
    Deadline for giving up this and that, bam.
    Everyone who doesn’t comply is a felon, screw you ma’am.

Is there a poor ignorant soul here who is arrogant enough to think that the exact same thing could not happen right here in the same amount of time? Just because we live in sportsman’s paradise doesn’t mean we are immune. Living in the south doesn’t guarantee our gun rights will never be infringed upon, like next week.
    When/if it starts here, where ya gonna move then?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I honestly don't believe we have to worry about Louisiana turning into a commie state in our lifetime. But ya never know, **** can happen, power corrupts. We have to remain vigilant.

Just like the airstrip on Elmer's Island (project was terminated yesterday) and was supported by governor JBE, LA wildlife and fisheries secretary Jack Montoucet, and the mayor of Grand Isle. Build an airstrip, terminal, and fueling facilities on Elmer's Island, 50 year sanctuary for birds and surf fishing. They were keeping it quiet, til some Audubon/local folks heard about it.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_c2a43296-c809-11e8-ac9e-bb9ab29cf24c.html
    Same old LA crap right there John. People that can, will sell out our state’s resources and environment to make a buck. I’m glad it got shut down.
    And this governor we have... say what you guys will. His last name may be Edwards and he might profess to support our gun rights, but he is a Democrat through and through. If anyone here thinks he’s gonna look out for us I’d say be careful with all that wishful thinking... or like my pops always said, ‘why don’t you just wish in one hand and **** in the other and tell me which one fills up first’

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Same old LA crap right there John. People that can, will sell out our state’s resources and environment to make a buck. I’m glad it got shut down.
    And this governor we have... say what you guys will. His last name may be Edwards and he might profess to support our gun rights, but he is a Democrat through and through. If anyone here thinks he’s gonna look out for us I’d say be careful with all that wishful thinking... or like my pops always said, ‘why don’t you just wish in one hand and **** in the other and tell me which one fills up first’

What your pops said was pretty common language for my father when I was growing up about 30 miles North of Hammond.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

I'm with ya, Mag.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    New Jersey will see an alarmingly low compliance rate, just as Vermont has with its bump stock ban, and just as Connecticut did with its assault weapons ban. Most gun owners will just tuck their magazines in the back of their gun safe, and pick up a few 10 rounders for the range.

I read the ruling this morning, and the logic is simple: "we want the government to have the monopoly on violence. Ergo, magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are good for us and bad for you." They can wrap this logic in whatever legal sophistry they like, but their glaring fallacy (swaddled as a "compelling government interest") is that the government is here to "protect" us (I use the word "protect" loosely). In truth, the government has always represented the single largest threat to the rights of citizens. Anyone with a half an ounce of knowledge about history knows that the great atrocities committed against are freedoms were the work of our government.

Mike

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA

That is what I say also. but rember all you republicans that you stayed home and let JBE walk in. you can't complain about them if you didn't get out and vote.
    Wingate

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That is what I say also. but rember all you republicans that you stayed home and let JBE walk in. you can't complain about them if you didn't get out and vote.
    Wingate
    I wish that was the case. Much like when Blanco got voted in, there’s a certain large group of free stuff democrats that always vote together. It’s hard to get all the intelligent working class to vote one way.

Top Bottom