WHOA.....this isn't good.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    From the article:
    *To illustrate, a citizen who owns a gun, thirty rounds of ammunition, and two fifteen-round magazines prior to the LCM law’s enactment will be permitted to retain his gun, ammunition, and three ten-round magazines,* he [Judge Peter Sheridan] continued. *The LCM law restricts the amount of ammunition one magazine can hold.*

I wonder if he realizes he just proved the pointlessness of the law from a public safety perspective.

I wonder if we could reach out to a NJ gun forum and offer to "hold" their standard capacity magazines should they have the need of holding them out of state for a time. I have room to store a few for law abiding citizens in New Jersey. Or, in a worst case scenario, an exchange program could be set up. They send their standard capacity magazines down here and we exchange them for some arbitrarily low capacity magazines. They won't have to destroy or surrender their magazines and buy new ones, creating a small financial burden in order for them to have the ability to defend themselves.

FYI, I hate the term "high capacity" when referring to a standard AR mag. 30 rounds is the standard. It's not high or low. It just is. Being comfortable with labeling it high gives the impression that a magazine with a smaller capacity would be acceptable.

I was thinking a similar thing regarding states passing laws to change the age for owning rifles and shotguns. If you already own one, you drive or ship it into a neighboring state to a secure storage facility that takes a small annual fee for storage. You do the preliminary lubing, it's removed for an initial inspection to certify condition and such, then sealed up and stored. When you reach the new 21 year age, you retrieve it. Of course the ideal is not to have to go to such lengths, but until they stop passing stupid laws, it might make it easier for some younger adults to maintain ownership of their property.

Morgen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2018
    New orleans
    Same old LA crap right there John. People that can, will sell out our state’s resources and environment to make a buck. I’m glad it got shut down.
    And this governor we have... say what you guys will. His last name may be Edwards and he might profess to support our gun rights, but he is a Democrat through and through. If anyone here thinks he’s gonna look out for us I’d say be careful with all that wishful thinking... or like my pops always said, ‘why don’t you just wish in one hand and **** in the other and tell me which one fills up first’

Agreed
    My pawpaw had the same saying

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Pfft..I hear all you need is 1 9mm round
    It will stop a Grizzly dead in his tracks!

I’ve had LEGO’s stop me dead in my tracks, hit the floor and almost pout like a little bi$ch at 2:00am. Glad my cubs are grown now. So maybe if Mr. Grizzly steps on a 9mm mag it might slow him down.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/LrzpXAYL_DU

I gotta get the pistol and this one too. It only makes good sense as I’m so invested in ammo. I mean, we got buckets of that stuff here at my house!...btw, anybody interested in a slightly used Bug-o-Salt rifle? It’s a MK II with less than 100 rounds down the tube...only selling to fund this LEGO project.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom