Breaking: ATF EForm 1 back online!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Only reason I haven’t bought any cans is Bc I have most of my bases covered: 2 22lr cans. 2 9mm cans, 45 can, and a .30 cal can.

I'm trying to catch you.

1 22lr
    2 30 cal cans (both in jail)
    1 22lr can/barrel (in jail)
    1 45 can (in pre-jail, part of a promotion but as yet undelivered to store)

One of the 30 cal cans just hit one year yesterday but, due to a screw up not caught by the shop (package was delivered to wrong location, shop never checked to see if the check had been cashed), it had to be resubmitted. Should be close now.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm trying to catch you.

1 22lr
    2 30 cal cans (both in jail)
    1 22lr can/barrel (in jail)
    1 45 can (in pre-jail, part of a promotion but as yet undelivered to store)

One of the 30 cal cans just hit one year yesterday but, due to a screw up not caught by the shop (package was delivered to wrong location, shop never checked to see if the check had been cashed), it had to be resubmitted. Should be close now.

Brownells has the aac sdn6 (which I already own) on sale for 450, but I can’t justify the purchase since I can only shoot 1 rifle at a time. I’m trying to talk my brother into it so I can get his m4-2k from him. That was at least I didn’t buy the same can. Only reason I want those is Bc I already have a dozen rifles sporting 51t’s and have spare mounts for future builds. I’m not going to invest in a can I cannot use on all my rifles

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Brownells has the aac sdn6 (which I already own) on sale for 450, but I can’t justify the purchase since I can only shoot 1 rifle at a time. I’m trying to talk my brother into it so I can get his m4-2k from him. That was at least I didn’t buy the same can. Only reason I want those is Bc I already have a dozen rifles sporting 51t’s and have spare mounts for future builds. I’m not going to invest in a can I cannot use on all my rifles

I understand. The first "big" can I ordered was a Dead Air. I've gotten a few muzzle devices here and there for various rifles. I grabbed a SilencerCo Omega when they had their buy one get one free promo a few months ago. The only reason I did was because I could grab a KeyMo from Dead Air to make it compatible with the Dead Air mounts. With 2 30 cal cans, I think I should be set. I don't see the need to get a dedicated 223 can. From my limited experience and extensive researching, the weight/sound difference is usually not worth the extra money when losing the versatility of multi-cal. If my primary weapon was a patrol rifle, I would consider it. I grabbed a 45 can mainly for an SBR HK USC 45 but I can see myself grabbing a 9mm can as well. But I may wait a while until some of the current cans are released. Unless I find a "can't pass up" sale before then.

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    Break this down for the simpleton, does this speed along the process for cans and SBR's?

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I'm Filling out a Form 1 on E-file . Going individual rather than trust this time , What do i put in the "Title "box ?? Owner ??

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    I'm Filling out a Form 1 on E-file . Going individual rather than trust this time , What do i put in the "Title "box ?? Owner ??

Can you do a SBR/can as a individual to get it faster then move it into your trust with your other NFA items?

I was going to do the Form 1 for a SBR via silencershop since they have my prints and photos for my trust people as to make it simple. May still go that route for that reason...but would that make the wait potentially longer using SS vs the efile??

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can you do a SBR/can as a individual to get it faster then move it into your trust with your other NFA items?

I was going to do the Form 1 for a SBR via silencershop since they have my prints and photos for my trust people as to make it simple. May still go that route for that reason...but would that make the wait potentially longer using SS vs the efile??

As I understand it, you must get a $200 tax stamp to transfer it, be it from the dealer to you or from you to your trust. I've had 1 SBR for years, getting it long before I started the trust. When I got the trust, I asked about adding the SBR. The lawyer told me that move would be considered a transfer because it is effectively changing the ownership of the item.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Ahh so pay another 200 and "wait" 10 months. The wait doesn't matter I guess becasue its going from you to you more or less...ill just do the trust the first time and wait it out. Thanks!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    As I understand it, you must get a $200 tax stamp to transfer it, be it from the dealer to you or from you to your trust. I've had 1 SBR for years, getting it long before I started the trust. When I got the trust, I asked about adding the SBR. The lawyer told me that move would be considered a transfer because it is effectively changing the ownership of the item.

Ahh so pay another 200 and "wait" 10 months. The wait doesn't matter I guess becasue its going from you to you more or less...ill just do the trust the first time and wait it out. Thanks!

Yep they want their cut!

Ive helped a few customers with form1/4 individual to trust transfers before. I get the pay another stamp deal but I really wish they would add a clause or something to where you would not have to wait or pay if youre switching it over to yourself or YOUR trust. They could save themselves some time and people some money.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep they want their cut!

Ive helped a few customers with form1/4 individual to trust transfers before. I get the pay another stamp deal but I really wish they would add a clause or something to where you would not have to wait or pay if youre switching it over to yourself or YOUR trust. They could save themselves some time and people some money.

If the end user were the primary concern of the federal government, they could just do away with the NFA or parts of it. The pistol brace explosion is evidence of this. I have 3 SBA3 braces in use. I spent $360 total on all of them. If I were to have SBR'd them instead, I would have to wait 6 months and pay $850 (stamps + hardware) and would run into issues should I move or want to travel with them. Yeah...I think the government's priorities are somewhere else.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If the end user were the primary concern of the federal government, they could just do away with the NFA or parts of it. The pistol brace explosion is evidence of this. I have 3 SBA3 braces in use. I spent $360 total on all of them. If I were to have SBR'd them instead, I would have to wait 6 months and pay $850 (stamps + hardware) and would run into issues should I move or want to travel with them. Yeah...I think the government's priorities are somewhere else.

Agreed 100%.

Top Bottom