Judge Kavanaugh vote results in Senate today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Just remember that the democrats did this to themselves!!! In 2013 Harry Reid (Senate Majority Leader, D-Nev) pushed through a new rule (called the nuclear option) to make it easier to approve Obama's nominees, Remember that??!!!

Mitch McConnell told Harry Reed, "You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." when the Democrats changed a long standing rule requiring 60 votes for nomination, to 51.

The so called The "Nuclear Option", has come back and nuked the Democrats in a way they never imagined!!!! hahahaha

They created their own judicial armageddon as Trump stacks the courts with Conservative judges!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/11/21/harry-reid-nuclear-senate/3662445/

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Notice that Joe Manchin was one of the few Dems to vote against that change then and was the only Dem to vote yea for Justice Kavanaugh. There are a few who are going to have to swing more right or be voted out.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just remember that the democrats did this to themselves!!! In 2013 Harry Reid (Senate Majority Leader, D-Nev) pushed through a new rule (called the nuclear option) to make it easier to approve Obama's nominees, Remember that??!!!

Mitch McConnell told Harry Reed, "You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think." when the Democrats changed a long standing rule requiring 60 votes for nomination, to 51.

The so called The "Nuclear Option", has come back and nuked the Democrats in a way they never imagined!!!! hahahaha

They created their own judicial armageddon as Trump stacks the courts with Conservative judges!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/11/21/harry-reid-nuclear-senate/3662445/

I still believe Harry Reid was one of the most harmful politicians to the system in the country's history. I doubt there is a day that goes by from here on out that he doesn't regret initiating that stupid rule. It was 60 to keep extremists off the court. The Super Majority those morons held in 2008 is almost unheard of; however, it would serve them right if the republicans get that in November.

The more you watch how unscrupulous and self serving democrat politicians are, the more you have to wonder how Americans that believe their garbage can be so easily led?

As for Ginsburg? I don't think she can last another 6 years; but 2 things have to happen for it to mean anything to conservatives; 1, Trump must be re-elected, and 2, the republicans must retain majorities in the Senate both this upcoming Mid-Term, and in 2022.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    wb46se2wkwvgc8n7p0x.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I need to amend my comment about Ginsburg. She looked terribly feeble and out of it at the White House yesterday. She looked like she wasn't aware of what was going on around her. I realize she is 85, but she doesn't look healthy at all.

She may not make it till 2020?!?

This was a "good" picture of her from last night.
    iu

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I need to amend my comment about Ginsburg. She looked terribly feeble and out of it at the White House yesterday. She looked like she wasn't aware of what was going on around her. I realize she is 85, but she doesn't look healthy at all.

She may not make it till 2020?!?

This was a "good" picture of her from last night.
    iu

Very true. I wonder how much longer she will last in the SC? I am actually interested in how mentally capable she is currently. Wonder if she declines enough cognitively, would she still be allowed to serve on the SC?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Very true. I wonder how much longer she will last in the SC? I am actually interested in how mentally capable she is currently. Wonder if she declines enough cognitively, would she still be allowed to serve on the SC?

Doesn't she actually have to personally make the decision to resign in that case? In my opinion, at 85 she needs to go. There is no way she is still mentally strong enough to continue to serve.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Doesn't she actually have to personally make the decision to resign in that case? In my opinion, at 85 she needs to go. There is no way she is still mentally strong enough to continue to serve.

I believe so. With how long people are living nowadays, we are seeing a higher frequency of these degenerative cognitive disorders. What if we have a SCJ that is so out of his/her mind that they refuse to step down, but cant even remember how to brush their teeth? Age limit wound be appropriate IMO. It would be nice if every SCJ had the wherewithal to step down when the time comes, but some may hold out for politcal reasons.

I know she had some pressure from the left to step down while Obama was in office so that she could be replaced by another liberal judge. That ship has sailed and now the Left are praying she holds on until the senate flips D or for Trump to leave office.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Is there a safeguard in place to remove an incompetent justice? I know that would wipe out 1/2 of Congress. But seriously what could be done? Will she be able to hear cases from Trembling Hills Nursing Home?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I believe so. With how long people are living nowadays, we are seeing a higher frequency of these degenerative cognitive disorders. What if we have a SCJ that is so out of his/her mind that they refuse to step down, but cant even remember how to brush their teeth? Age limit wound be appropriate IMO. It would be nice if every SCJ had the wherewithal to step down when the time comes, but some may hold out for politcal reasons.

I know she had some pressure from the left to step down while Obama was in office so that she could be replaced by another liberal judge. That ship has sailed and now the Left are praying she holds on until the senate flips D or for Trump to leave office.

I just hope she resigns before 2020 AND Trump gets reelected in 2020. If we maintain Congress, the WH, and the Supreme Court, it will be very good for our country and for us 2A people.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Is there a safeguard in place to remove an incompetent justice? I know that would wipe out 1/2 of Congress. But seriously what could be done? Will she be able to hear cases from Trembling Hills Nursing Home?

LMAO at the Congress thing. It is sickening some of the whack jobs that get elected to these once honorable positions in our federal gov.

I really dont know if there is a safeguard. Who would even be responsible for creating and enforcing such a law/rule
    ? Could Congress/president pass something like that or would that cross the lines of checks and balances (like the judges and the SC tries to do on occassion by legislating from the bench)?

Last edited:

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok I'm gonna go out on a limb. Maybe if RBG has to wear depends because she poops herself and dosen't even know it, I would say that is grounds for her to resign. i can see it now, all of the Justices are sitting together and something stinks because she crapped herself, time to go!

Top Bottom