Judge Kavanaugh vote results in Senate today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Kavanaugh nomination advances forward to a final vote tomorrow. Passed 35 minutes ago, 51-49. Close.

"So of the four key senators, Murkowski was a no and Manchin, Collins and Flake were yes."

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I will not be surprised if he is rejected . The opposition has done a very good job of intimidating and harassing everyone involved .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I cannot help but wonder why have two Senate votes on two days? Why not just vote once and call it done?

Give em a second chance to think about it, or what? Sleep on it? Anybody know why?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I will not be surprised if he is rejected . The opposition has done a very good job of intimidating and harassing everyone involved .

Its the same people voting tomorrow as today. I don't think its going to change, nor does the Marketwatch writers/analysts. Goofy procedure to me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Today's vote was for Cloture (to cease debate on the matter). Tomorrow's vote is final up or down. No more whining can be done. If you attend tomorrow's vote, you can only cast a vote. There can be no more ******** from democrats.

It is probably better for Kavanaugh that it is tomorrow. You may have some democrats that won't even show up. But even so; In the case of a tie, Pence breaks it. He's a "Yea!"

And by the way, the most infamous deciding vote for Cloture was by that POS and Ex-Senator Mary Landrieu. Louisianan's did not want her to vote yea for Odumbass Care by a 65% margin; she went with those scumbag democrats anyway, and subsequently lost her job. Just the way that is supposed to work!

Other states could learn a thing or two about how Louisiana doesn't put up with their politicians going against their wishes! #Heidi Heidcamp!

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It is probably better for Kavanaugh that it is tomorrow. You may have some democrats that won't even show up. But even so; In the case of a tie, Pence breaks it. He's a "Yea!"

Oh, they'll show up, and they'll play to the media like wounded puppies. The louder they scream about Kavanaugh, the more they'll get their base fired up and donating to their campaign. Make no mistake: the Democrats want Kavanaugh to be installed in the Supreme Court ... it's a fundraising gift to them from heaven.

That said, I do believe that the second amendment will survive for another two years.

Mike

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Oh, they'll show up, and they'll play to the media like wounded puppies. The louder they scream about Kavanaugh, the more they'll get their base fired up and donating to their campaign. Make no mistake: the Democrats want Kavanaugh to be installed in the Supreme Court ... it's a fundraising gift to them from heaven.

That said, I do believe that the second amendment will survive for another two years.

Mike

You have more faith then me
    Wingate

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You have more faith then me
    Wingate

What has made the Democratic Party constant losers is actually pretty simple: by aligning themselves with the wealthy urban elite, they've alienated themselves from Mainstream America. And Mainstream America likes it guns.

Remember how Al Gore got his ass handed to him in 1999? And Hillary got her ass handed to her in 2017? A big part of that was gun owners, that were willing to hold their noses and vote Republican.

Eventually the Democrats will get tired of losing and will back off.

Mike

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    What has made the Democratic Party constant losers is actually pretty simple: by aligning themselves with the wealthy urban elite, they've alienated themselves from Mainstream America. And Mainstream America likes it guns.

Remember how Al Gore got his ass handed to him in 1999? And Hillary got her ass handed to her in 2017? A big part of that was gun owners, that were willing to hold their noses and vote Republican.

Eventually the Democrats will get tired of losing and will back off.

Mike

Oh how I hope you are right my friend
    Wingate

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Picture of the day. Lotta heads gonna violently explode today. Enjoy it gentlemen :)

crf8tu5ltahcwo8vieo.jpg

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Trump was thinking about a woman that was more conservative than Kavanaugh if he would not have been confirmed she would be good to replace Ginsberg

Wingate

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom