Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMP 1911

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

CMP 1911

Did anyone else put an application kit in to purchase one of the Civilian Marksmanship Program 1911's?

I believe that yesterday was the last day to have a purchase kit postmarked ... hopefully next week we'll start finding out where we are in line.

Even if I end up with a Frankenstein gun, it'll be neat to have such a venerated piece of American military history.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Mike,

I sent in my order packet a few weeks ago. Hopefully you and I get a low random number. If not this first go around at least we are still in if they get another shipment next year. The process sure has caused a lot of heartache over on the CMP and other forums but I did not find it difficult, the instructions were clear. Good luck.
    No matter if you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right !!

On Target

User Info Menu

I submitted my packet on the Oct 3rd. They say 75000 people will apply only 8000 will win, still better odds than the lottery.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah, got my fingers crossed!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Got mine in yesterday. Remington Rand model.
    Last edited by david210; June 4th, 2019 at 03:17 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bravo!

I wonder how many actually made it to the draw, and how many went to auction?

Hopefully there will be another batch next year and my app will be drawn! But not likely, my RNG is 18,601.
    Last edited by LaBelle; June 5th, 2019 at 07:06 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Patiently waiting. Got my RNG but is is 9500. Looks like it will be later this year.
    No matter if you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right !!

Marksman

User Info Menu

my RNG was in the 5600.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

You guys are lucky. My RNG was in the 15,000's.

I'm curious to see how they do the auctions for the rarer guns.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Don't tase me bro!

User Info Menu

I got a 6k number. There is a thread on the cmp forum dedicated to this program. Some say they aren't going in order, but if they call you and you dont answer they go to the next person. They will leave a voicemail and send an email. You have a certain number of days to call back or you get tossed
    forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

What do you believe in?
    I believe in Ammunition.......

RIP USA, HELLO USSA