You guys have to see this video.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Video source is from FB so some of you guys may not be able to view it. Top Gun Shooting Range somewhere in the USA. Un f**kin believable!
    I guess eventually RSOs see it all at public shooting ranges. I bet his day at the range was over.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/andrew.register.77/videos/2082711588435442/[/video]

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    holy crap!!!!! Great job by the RO!!!!! you know sometimes when you go to a range and it may seem like the RO is being a dick, I guess we need to stop and think about this kinda stuff they gotta deal with and not knowing who you are, they gotta assume everybody is as stupid as him....

Same situation with our boys in blue, they may act a little aggressive on a traffic stop, but just understand that the fella they just pulled over 1 hour ago was on dope and had a gun, they gotta be on the defensive all the time.. that's a fine line them fellas have to walk and its much appreciated!!!

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Unbelievable! Thank heavens there was a RSO close by. In the last few weeks I’ve seen so many of these disturbing videos - the guy who shoots himself in his hand testing the laser; the guy who shoots behind himself when a hot cartridge flies in his collar, and the woman who fires into the ceiling following the recoil of the previous shot.

One of the commenters was right- this is how the anti-gun people view us! They need to know that it’s the NRA and other pro 2A groups that conduct safety training. These guys aren’t them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Same situation with our boys in blue, they may act a little aggressive on a traffic stop, but just understand that the fella they just pulled over 1 hour ago was on dope and had a gun, they gotta be on the defensive all the time.. that's a fine line them fellas have to walk and its much appreciated!!!

Agreed, they have to be on point on every call, on every traffic stop. You never know who you are dealing with, and who might come out shooting. It's getting worse every day in our society. I support our LEOs 100%.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    WTF!!! This guy should be black listed and banned from all ranges. Maybe even arrested! Looks like attempted murder to me!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've seen people posing for pictures at many different ranges, if at anytime the seem to be pointing behind the firing line, I immediately pack up and leave. No point waiting on Darwin to show up....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Murphy's Law is real baby!

I was thinking more along the lines of Darwin....

No public range time for me, thank you very much. I avoid them like the plague. I simply don’t want to be somewhere that anyone can walk in and handle a loaded gun within killing range. Cuz once you’re shot dead, you’re fresh out of options.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Two things I try to avoid doing on the weekend.
    1. Playing golf
    2. Shooting range

Oh yeah, I couldn't tell you the last time I was at a public shooting range on the weekend. I know for sure in Sept of 2012, at Nicks. I worked shift work for 26.5 years and I did my fishing, hunting, and target shooting during the week. Opening weekend deer season with firearms, no thanks, I'll wait.

Why I haven't ever been to Honey Island range because they are only open Fri after 1100, Sat, and Sunday. I might make it one of these years on Friday, but not as long as Bedico or Nicks is open.

Although I sure would like to hit that plate rack I hear they have, maybe one day early on a Friday.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Here is another link to the same video on another website (gun friendly), in case you non-FB guys can't view it in my original post. (just found it on another forum)

[video]https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/10/daniel-zimmerman/video-this-is-why-we-have-range-safety-officers/[/video]

This video may be clearer too. You can see when the RSO clears the weapon after taking control of it, there isn't a mag in the pistol nor a round in the chamber. Still doesn't excuse the idiotic and irresponsible behavior of the offender.

This video will be viewed by millions around the world, no doubt.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Jeezers... how that RSO didn’t just take them both straight out to the woodshed is amazing.
    I do appreciate how he did not hesitate to put hands on dumbass number one as soon as he committed that unspeakable act. I’m sure he wanted to throw him straight to the floor and dance on his face a little. Wait, nope, that’s what I wanted..

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Wow... I mean wow. That is scary. Props to the RO for jumping in.

I do disagree with saying the guy should "be beaten" or "banned for life". If he's a smart ass that won't listen yes... If he's just a guy who has only seen actors playing with guns on TV and movies then try to educate him. Would you rather teach and pull someone in the community or push them away and have him complain about the gun culture guys being a-holes?

(I am admittedly trying to be positive here. The guy's low on common sense and the Darwin scale)

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Wow... I mean wow. That is scary. Props to the RO for jumping in.

I do disagree with saying the guy should "be beaten" or "banned for life". If he's a smart ass that won't listen yes... If he's just a guy who has only seen actors playing with guns on TV and movies then try to educate him. Would you rather teach and pull someone in the community or push them away and have him complain about the gun culture guys being a-holes?

(I am admittedly trying to be positive here. The guy's low on common sense and the Darwin scale)

Absolutely. Re-train if at all possible. You can either create an advocate, or an anti-gun opponent. Hopefully educate and train.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This is why we can't have nice things. I love FRC's rule regarding no phones in the range.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I think my Niece has the best response.
    "Clean Up on Lane 5"

Top Bottom