My first SBR, looking for advise.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    I have a B&T APC9 arriving in a few days and I have the s/n already and with pistol I want to factory stock on it so I guess its time for my first SBR.

So do I do a trust or file online with ATF with there E-file, already created my account online but thats as far as I got.

Thanks for any help.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Subscribed. I have efiled pre 41F...I want to see how its done myself now that its back up with the addition of prints and passport photos.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Here are my thoughts but IANAL.

I went the trust route because before the laws changed you had to have CLEO sign off without a trust so it made it easier for me and less hassle.

Now post 41F I don't think it really matters if you do a personal or trust but if you do a trust everyone on the trust has to submit prints everytime you add anything to the trust so I am not sure how big of a hassle that would be to do everytime so in that regard it makes it easier for a single person from a paperwork/hassle standpoint.

But a point in favor of the trust is that if you pass away there is less hassle for the others in your trust to "inherit" all of your NFA items without issue.

those are the two main things I can think of right now and I am sure others will chime in sooner or later.

I haven't done this since the change so I am not sure how the e-file works now but it was pretty painless when I did it before the 41F changes and the e-file takedown. I don't think they would have made it to much more difficult. I would google it to see if anyone has a write up on how to do it.

Scubasky

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2018
    Baton Rouge
    You can do a single shot or traditional trust with SilencerShop and use the kiosk at aklys guns in BR or one near you to to the finger prints and the app to the the rest.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom