Baton Rouge Guys is this a safe area at night?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    4000 block of North Blvd. Think it is by 8th street have to go and do a Favor and drove some stuff off. It is 72 miles from me and I know I will get lost.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    If your talking about 8th and North Boulevard its not bad. They do have a homeless population that likes to hang out/sleep on the benches in the median on north. Downtown is decently lit up at night.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Thanks just got the address it is some hospital 4040 North Blvd put my single stack 9 away grabbed the 3 inch 1911 45acp with laser and 3 extra mags might bt over kill just wonder if it was Get to or not close by.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Anywhere near or around NBR isn't safe. Day or night.

I made it there just fine. Passed the Chicken Shack on Acadian Thruway. To get there. But when I left went the wrong way and went in an area that was like that. Having an AR-15 some 30 rnd Mags. Along with and a can of ammo on stripper clips would not be enough to make ya feal safe.
    Kinda reminds me of New Orleans. Every time I travel to New Orleans I think of the Mayor saying "We Want You Back" Democrats

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I made it there just fine. Passed the Chicken Shack on Acadian Thruway. To get there. But when I left went the wrong way and went in an area that was like that. Having an AR-15 some 30 rnd Mags. Along with and a can of ammo on stripper clips would not be enough to make ya feal safe.
    Kinda reminds me of New Orleans. Every time I travel to New Orleans I think of the Mayor saying "We Want You Back" Democrats

Just going there wouldn't be too bad but like NOLA those wrong turns get put you in the hood fast. We make deliveries and have to go to New Orleans East Hospital and over by the Zoo. I know the feeling about going into a area you don't know. Glad you got in and out safe

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That area isn't too bad.

Honestly, I think some people here are just paranoid...... "Anywhere near or around NBR isn't safe. Day or night."

Anywhere can be unsafe, that's why we carry right? I drive through a good bit of North BR daily. Some of it is just fine, with regular folk, trying to get by. They don't bother anyone.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Before the Katrina Storm hit "The City" was a different place both New Orleans and BR. Even the bad spots were bad are now even worse. And more of it got "Bad"
    I really think that we killed other places with who we relocated. Huston was bad but we imported more bad to them that's just one place. We could have a whole thread on that alone.
    I used to do work for Insurance so we would do bids as well as work we would put bad areas at a cost we knew that would not pay as a contractor so they would get another comapny. As were were obalagetd to bid. We hired a new gal for the front desk. She hears us lookimg at stuff and I have 2 piles. I look at them and a few tomes I said this is on Extra Magazone Street She later in tha day tells a guy damm they must have had a lot of damages on that street.
    When my wife worked as an Asit Manager at Cafe Du Monte a girls ride did not come. She was sitting there at 2 am crying. My wife says I will take you home. So She came home and I got in and my wife got out. The girl says "I see ya own and carry a gun" good ya may need it when you get to my home. It was in New Orleans East. Lets just say it was bad and leave it at that. She moved weeks later.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Before the Katrina Storm hit "The City" was a different place both New Orleans and BR. Even the bad spots were bad are now even worse. And more of it got "Bad"
    I really think that we killed other places with who we relocated. Huston was bad but we imported more bad to them that's just one place. We could have a whole thread on that alone.
    I used to do work for Insurance so we would do bids as well as work we would put bad areas at a cost we knew that would not pay as a contractor so they would get another comapny. As were were obalagetd to bid. We hired a new gal for the front desk. She hears us lookimg at stuff and I have 2 piles. I look at them and a few tomes I said this is on Extra Magazone Street She later in tha day tells a guy damm they must have had a lot of damages on that street.
    When my wife worked as an Asit Manager at Cafe Du Monte a girls ride did not come. She was sitting there at 2 am crying. My wife says I will take you home. So She came home and I got in and my wife got out. The girl says "I see ya own and carry a gun" good ya may need it when you get to my home. It was in New Orleans East. Lets just say it was bad and leave it at that. She moved weeks later.

Glad you made it! Next time put me down as the heir for ''The Collection'' plus all accessory's + ammo!
    F'k Br and F'k N.O's

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yeah , the rhetoric is old and unoriginal . Before I retired I worked for the power company . I went into some sketchy neighborhoods at all hours , sometimes by myself . There was only a couple of times that I can remember feeling uncomfortable .

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    That area isn't too bad.

Honestly, I think some people here are just paranoid...... "Anywhere near or around NBR isn't safe. Day or night."

Anywhere can be unsafe, that's why we carry right? I drive through a good bit of North BR daily. Some of it is just fine, with regular folk, trying to get by. They don't bother anyone.

That BR murder map shows being paranoid for a good reason though.

I've spent my fair share of time in and around NBR. The truth hurts.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Sorry, but I legit just LOL'd at everything you brought. I walk that area all the time, it's not bad. North of Florida is when you should start being concerned.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When I left I went the wrong way and ended up the other way it got bad. My whole point is that even in good areas if someone does not know they can end up bad fast. It was raining and did not see the sign and went the wrong way. Plus I do not see well was even at one point 100% lost and passed Choctaw that was not real nice was just glad to get on 1-10 again. And had some bad rain as well. The area where the hospital was at was 100% ok.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Oh, the ar-15 can of ammo and mags was a joke. as ya never know how bad it gets right off the beaten track. Go to New Orleans looks nice and go few streets over and wow it is bad.
    I am not a Mall Ninja or guy who carries a Rifle Open carry just because.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Oh, the ar-15 can of ammo and mags was a joke. as ya never know how bad it gets right off the beaten track. Go to New Orleans looks nice and go few streets over and wow it is bad.
    I am not a Mall Ninja or guy who carries a Rifle Open carry just because.

What, Wait and here I was believing you were a Ammosexual dude and pretty like me!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    When I left I went the wrong way and ended up the other way it got bad. My whole point is that even in good areas if someone does not know they can end up bad fast. It was raining and did not see the sign and went the wrong way. Plus I do not see well was even at one point 100% lost and passed Choctaw that was not real nice was just glad to get on 1-10 again. And had some bad rain as well. The area where the hospital was at was 100% ok.

Believe it or not, as much as I said north of Florida is where you should start being concerned, very rarely do I ever feel unsafe up there.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well after 3 hours sleep I am back here again. May take I-12 to Covington and check out the new store member opened. Be 15 min longer trip but get to see what C&S gun store looks like.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom