Low Carb Diet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2014
    MA
    Anyone else trying to reduce their ass print!
    I've tried before but - NO bread, rice, pasta! Cripes.

Well now my wife found some zero carb pasta named - Pasta Zero (I think), it comes in a bag from refrigerated food section.

There is also flat bread made from flax and stuff that isn't so bad.

Now for a rice substitute! Coliflower almost makes it in some respects - but!

Any ideas?

Don

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Ha! I've been going crazy the last few weeks!

I've been allergic to onions for years. Lately I've had to swtich to a no gluten, low fructose diet. Thank God for the nuts on the gluten free diets! The selection at home isn't bad. Trying to eat out is much harder. I've been living on rabbit food... I've even found 2, count 'em, two salad dressings I can sort of have!

BTW, the gluten free facebook page has some good ideas.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If you get the Pasta Zero, follow the directions. Wash good and then heat up in pan to dry it out. It's not bad in a spaghetti. I prefer a can of bean sprouts.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    ABSOLUTE MUST TRY: Carbless pizza (or nearly)

-Drain a 12oz can of chicken breast and dry in 350f oven for 10 minutes
    -Shread and mix with 1 egg and 2oz parmesan cheese.
    -Roll out in circular shape on a greased pan & bake 10 minutes at 500f to form crust.
    -Brown 1/2lb ground meat with 1/2 sweet onion.
    -When crust is ready, coat with pizza sauce, ground meat, and any other toppings u may desire, & cheese.
    -Cook 8-10 minutes @500F.

You will not believe it’s pizza. I hope your momma isn’t within slapping distance

donb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2014
    MA
    ABSOLUTE MUST TRY: Carbless pizza (or nearly)

-Drain a 12oz can of chicken breast and dry in 350f oven for 10 minutes
    -Shread and mix with 1 egg and 2oz parmesan cheese.
    -Roll out in circular shape on a greased pan & bake 10 minutes at 500f to form crust.
    -Brown 1/2lb ground meat with 1/2 sweet onion.
    -When crust is ready, coat with pizza sauce, ground meat, and any other toppings u may desire, & cheese.
    -Cook 8-10 minutes @500F.

You will not believe it’s pizza. I hope your momma isn’t within slapping distance

I'm going for it! Thanks

donb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2014
    MA
    OK! I made Gumbo with almond flour and it was GOOD!
    BTW - almond flour has about a quarter of the carbs of white flour.

I substituted the almond flour in the roux and found that it cooks to a nice brown nutty roux much faster than white flour.

Then added trinity, some garlic, pre-browned andouille, chicken and when that stuff was ready, chicken stock.

At the end when everything else was almost done added shrimp. Of course season along the way with what you like.

Good Stuff!

Last edited:

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    We've been doing a lot of the same things (zoodles, cutting out breads, rice, etc).

You can use the cauliflower not just as a rice substitute, but you can make a "potato salad" with it and it's pretty good. Just a warning on dishes with cauliflower substituting for rice, we've found it doesn't keep very well and you may get an off flavor the next day after reheating.

My wife really likes the zoodles and has an attachment for our mixer to make our own. We've tried multiple items to make into noodles. Sweet potato and various squashes are good, I find that the zucchini noodles have to be dried out a bit or they make the dish too watery.

We've done a few different variations on other dishes, including doing a "fat head" dough for pizza, using coconut flour. It's very good, low carb, and makes a good crust. Just use some italian seasoning/herbs, otherwise you get a sweet coconut flavor when you get to the crust piece.

Another thing we've done is a wrap minus the bread/tortilla...including doing a modified fajita dish this way. You lay out cheese in the size of your tortillas on parchment paper and bake at 425F until it bubbles up really well. After that, you peel it off the parchment and wrap your meat/veggies/whatever in it. It's a little greasy, but it's good...especially if you like cheese!

Over the past 2.5mos, I've gone from 242lbs to 209lbs with just portion control, cutting way back on my carb intake, and doing and a calisthenics program. I do eat 5 times a day, larger meals at breakfast/lunch, small snacks mid morning and afternoon, and a modest dinner. I have a feeling I'd drop weight faster with just meal control, but I'm trading fat for muscle as well.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    My wife was diagnosed with celiacs so it looks like we'll be gluten free now.

I made a gumbo with gluten free flour yesterday. It didn't brown the same, but it worked. I'll try the almond flour. I threw a rotisserie chicken from Ralph's in. Guess it had a gluten containing shoot up. Tore her tummy up. Walmart makes theirs gluten free so I guess it's only Walmart from now on for those.

Top Bottom