WTB: Precision .308 bolt action

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Was planning on having one built but my choice of builders is not available.
    Not likely I will find one that fits every bill but maybe a good start. Looking for that 600 yard and beyond shooter with plenty of life left in her.

.308 cal
    Remmy 600 or 700 action preferred.
    Floating action and barrel preferred, depending on stock.
    Looking more for function than form, trim rather than fat. Not a 15 pound benchrest queen
    Optic optional as I’ve got a few in mind already.
    Would definitely consider a Ritten Precision rifle or barreled action.

Not looking for a budget rifle.

I’ll welcome honest recommendations for local capable builders who could deliver.

Thanks

LadyT

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2018
    Slidell, LA
    Magdump i have exactly what you want. built by Bill Berthalot, Rem 700 action Kampeld Fluted custom bolt, Shilen barrel No# 5 conture, Shrewd 6MM SS Muzzle Brake, Aluminum bedded Hogue varmint stock,Jewel SS Trigger Set at 2 3/4 Lbs, Williams Orbendorf Trigger guard, Talley Rings & Bases, Leupold Boone & Crockett Duplex, Half inch MOA at 100 Yds with federal Sierra Match King 168 grain factory amo, Never saw a need to custom load but if you did i am sure it would be fa-nominal.. Never considered selling it before because i did not think anyone was as crazy about accuracy in a deer rifle as i am, We built her in 2012 and put maybe 40 rounds down her tube with sight inn and total white tail harvest, She is about 10lbs with scope and full amo. i have 3,400 $ invested so if you want to try and talk me out of her go ahead and give it a shot..

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    If you are looking for one on the shelf in a chassis, look at the Badrock. They come in around 10# and sub $2k. Looks like a division of Defiance that is building off their Tenacity action (a Remington 700 clone). Defiance produces some of the nicest actions on the market and I don’t see why their rifles would not be the same.

If you are looking for a custom build, Titan Precision (shawn Broussard) in Iota would be my first stop. He builds some fantastic rifles. f class, prs, or hunting builds... he does it all. Let me know if you need his contact info.

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    If you are looking for one on the shelf in a chassis, look at the Badrock. They come in around 10# and sub $2k. Looks like a division of Defiance that is building off their Tenacity action (a Remington 700 clone). Defiance produces some of the nicest actions on the market and I don’t see why their rifles would not be the same.

If you are looking for a custom build, Titan Precision (shawn Broussard) in Iota would be my first stop. He builds some fantastic rifles. f class, prs, or hunting builds... he does it all. Let me know if you need his contact info.

Magdump, this is what you're looking for. Shawn has done some work for me after I closed shop as well and did some phenomenal work.

Philt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lafayette La.
    Yep shawn took my stock 5r off the shelf and blued and trued action put a m24 bartlin 11:25 barrel , bedded the action. Put a ajustable butt , custom rail for pod, jewel trigger . I shot a few FTR matches , it a shooter

Im about to put that rifle up for trade for a AR10 , wanna get me a hog rig.

I talked to shawn last week he has quite a few hes building now , busy busy , that boy is good

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If there’s anyone I forgot to thank for all the good info and contacts, THANK YOU!
    Prospects are looking good. Still open to options.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom