CHP (finally got mine)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well after being out of the country for a year I finally went and applied for one. Ever since moving to LA I have not had one.

In Washington State I had one since the time I turned 21, and boy is it far easier to get one there... $55.25 and a NICS check and the state mandates that it be in the mail NLT 30 days. It is also good for 5 years.

Well 9/28 I went down to do the prints and pay, and ended up having to redo the application on my laptop in the lobby as it was magically purged from the system... Well being military/vet I only had to pay for fingerprinting, and my DD-214 covered my training.

Got the email that it was approved 10/1, and just got the permit in the mail today... Postmarked 10/3... So USPS took 16 days to ship it in a drive that takes a little over and hour... I was impressed at that inefficiency...

Anyone else on the edge I suggest do it now, and any military or vets as long as you have a DD-214 no older than 5 years it counts for training. No excuses... Now I can finally carry... Now to chose between my 1911, CZ-75P01, new to me G36.... Or if I got a wild hair my Broomhandle Mauser...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Well after being out of the country for a year I finally went and applied for one. Ever since moving to LA I have not had one.

In Washington State I had one since the time I turned 21, and boy is it far easier to get one there... $55.25 and a NICS check and the state mandates that it be in the mail NLT 30 days. It is also good for 5 years.

Well 9/28 I went down to do the prints and pay, and ended up having to redo the application on my laptop in the lobby as it was magically purged from the system... Well being military/vet I only had to pay for fingerprinting, and my DD-214 covered my training.

Got the email that it was approved 10/1, and just got the permit in the mail today... Postmarked 10/3... So USPS took 16 days to ship it in a drive that takes a little over and hour... I was impressed at that inefficiency...

Anyone else on the edge I suggest do it now, and any military or vets as long as you have a DD-214 no older than 5 years it counts for training. No excuses... Now I can finally carry... Now to chose between my 1911, CZ-75P01, new to me G36.... Or if I got a wild hair my Broomhandle Mauser...

Great news.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    great choices... but now you have an excuse to buy more concealed carry rigs!!! I like my 1911's but typically always turn to my glocks for concealed carry, I guess mostly because of the activity's and the great Louisiana humidity.. I guess in a sense I respect my 1911's more than that, lol and im not one to baby my guns I guess they just get the added respect

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom